Cliff House Hotel
Cashen Course House(Ballybunion)
Seashore B&B(Ballybunion)
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
Ocean Bar & Hostel(Ballybunion)
  • Breakfast included
The Astor B&B(Ballybunion)
All reviewslarge room with balconyirish singerno liftsea viewcivil ceremonythis family run hotelfamily celebrationlovely nightnorth kerryhakechowdersister hotelsmall hotelthe pubporridgewould highly recommend this hotelthe location is perfect
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

The Cliff House Hotel has been a long-standing establishment in Ballybunion, a place I can recall from childhood memories of Sunday lunches with the family, ‘Bernie’s’ for the ceol agus craic. Never did I think I would be celebrating such a joyous occasion with my new husband, family and friends from all over for day 2 of our wedding. However, the Cliff House Hotel means a lot more to me for the memories created on the morning of my wedding day.

I wanted to avoid the fuss and stress attached to wedding mornings getting ready in the home. I wanted everybody to be as relaxed as possible, to enjoy the experience and get a good night’s sleep and Fiona, Maggie and the Cliff House Hotel made this dream come through.

We met Fiona a couple of months before our wedding to arrange our day 2 plans. We enjoyed a wonderful family meal that evening with exceptional food, wine and we knew we were in the right place with the welcome we received. Plans were put in place and I started to discuss my ideas for the morning of the wedding with Fiona in terms of what I wanted and needed. Her face lit up with excitement, I was in safe hands.

My bridesmaids stayed in the hotel the night before the wedding and I joined them on the morning of. I had arranged to do yoga on the beach that morning but the weather conditions didn’t suit. However, Fiona, Maggie and the staff were thinking on their feet, they removed the entire contents of a room for us to create a lovely space for a yoga session. Afterwards this area became the perfect space for the hairdressers. Another room was provided for the make-up artist and both were zen sea view rooms looking out over the beautiful Ballybunion beach.

I think I must have had three or four breakfasts that morning. Fiona had laid on a breakfast table in the beautiful conservatory restaurant where I had breakfast with my parents at different stages. We were so well looked after.

The most memorable moment of the wedding morning was coming down the stairs to meet my father and brother who were waiting patiently for me! Fiona and Maggie had arranged a wonderful surprise for me, they placed tea lights down the stairs and out to the car. It was such a wonderful, thoughtful touch that I will never forget.

Most couples are sad to leave their wedding venue the day after the party, but we knew we were just continuing the party for day 2 at the Cliff House Hotel after our spectacular day in the Listowel Arms.

Again we were greeted by exciting, caring and fun people on our arrival for day 2. We had over 40 family and friends stay overnight, over 80 family and friends for food and music and boy did we have a great party until the wee hours of the morning. The buffet BBQ was exceptional and people were shocked and happy that they were being fed so well again. There was also a power cut in the North Kerry area that night yet Fiona and the staff still managed to make the most of this, creating a gorgeous candle lit ambience for a hour or so.
The Cliff House Hotel is a place we will always return to, a place that will always be close to our hearts and will always be the best place to go in Ballybunion.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2017

This restaurant has a stunning view of Ballybunion beach, castle and cliffs . My friends and I went for a birthday meal and had a window table which we requested when booking and was reserved for us when we arrived. I have to say the staff have to be the nicest most helpful I have ever come across . Everyone of them had a wonderful smile which lit up the place, we were made so welcome by management and staff and they could not be more helpful. The room was beautifully decorated with seaside pictures and nice little touches . The food was amazing so tasty with beautiful presentation . All of us were so happy with this restaurant we decided to retire to the bar which again did not leave us disappointed again wonderful staff and had a lovely night with music by Noel Nash . I would highly recommend this restaurant . Well done to all .

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Margaret F
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

We were visiting Listowel, about 15' away. But being on the coast offered much better views. The Pub was a great place to meet folks, there was singing and laughter in abundance. Kevin, the Pub Mgr. was most cordial and generous to our group. The bar man Algis, was most accommodating and made great drinks to our complete satisfaction. I will return to the Cliff Hotel.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 25 May 2017

After a beautiful day in sunny Ballybunion, we went to eat in The Cliff House Hotel restaurant - we were seated with a stunning view of the sea. Both waitress' were so friendly and efficient. We ordered sea food chowder which was out of this world, packed with fresh fish I have never tasted the like anywhere else...ever. It was so tasty beyond words. Our only mistake was ordering a main course - we simply had no room after the chowder but the waitress was more than happy to provide more than adequate take away containers. It was a delightful end to a great day. Thank you Cliff House Hotel and we will certainly be making a return visit.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2017

It's hard to put into words the kindness that was shown to us by Fiona on our first evening in Ireland and each day afterwards. The Cliff House was recommended to us by our Taxi driver Rose, with Enright Tours. It was the perfect place to eat a lovely dinner that night. We were jet lagged, tired and struggling with some issues with a rental home we were staying at; Fiona welcomed us like family and came to the rescue in so many ways to make our stay more comfortable. I cannot vouch for the room conditions since we did not stay there, but if they are kept with the same care that the Cliff House cares for their guests, then I'm sure they are superb. We came back to the Cliff House multiple times that week and each time we were greeted with kindness, warmth and delicious meals. The views from the restaurant are spectacular and we plan to stay there when we come back to Ireland in the future. Thank you for everything, Fiona.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family