“Great restaurant with lovely food”
Review of Gallagher's

Gallagher's
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Bunratty
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: In the heart of historical Bunratty, you will find our award winning seafood restaurant "Gallaghers". With its thatched roof and old world relaxed charm, come and enjoy a spectacular candlelight dinner with family and friends. It is our attention to detail and high level of service that ensures your whole dining experience will be truly memorable.
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

We visited here with friends,lovely food and atmosphere, when leaving one of our party left money inadvertently on the table, the waiter ran out after us to return it, well worth a vusit

Date of visit: October 2018
John O, Restaurant Manager at Gallagher's, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Dear karennDublin
Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted to see that you and your friends had a lovely evening with us enjoying great freshly prepared food and excellent service.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Gallagher's again very soon

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

The place was almost empty however the waiter that received me rushed me to one small table in a corner instead of letting me chose one a nice one and feel at ease. He brought the menu to the table and continue rushing me to order, no good night no suggestions he just rolled his eyes and left making me feel as he was doing a favor to serve me. Then a more friendly waitress came and took my order the menu said Salmon and King Prawns but it was only a small portion of salmon and two tiny salty prawns this or €24. When she asked me if I had enjoyed my mail I said it was ok but with my body language implied it was not ok again the place was almost empty and the manager did not bother to come to check on me. The place is very cozy but the service is poor and the food over priced.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank O G
John O, Restaurant Manager at Gallagher's, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Dear O G
Thank you for taking the time to write your review,
I am Terribly sorry to see that you did not have the experience which so many of our guests enjoy every day, There cannot and i will not make any excuses for the Poor level of service and lack of warmth you received, please let me assure you that yours is not the experience with which we wish to portray ourselves and should you return i will personally take care of you myself and show you the dining experience you should have enjoyed.
you can contact me at info@gallaghersofbunratty.com should you like to make a booking.

John Ormston

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped here on the way to hotel on our last night before departing Ireland. Had a lovely dinner. Great food, very friendly and helpful staff. Candlelight and fresh flowers in the ladies room! Very sophisticated yet comfortable establishment very close to Shannon Airport.

Date of visit: September 2018
John O, Restaurant Manager at Gallagher's, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Alice P
Thank you for your lovely review, We are delighted to see that you had such a lovely experience with us on your last night in Ireland, i am very happy to see that both the staff and food were excellent.
kind Regards

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Fantastic lunch here with terrific service. The ambience was relaxed and the servers attentive. I wish we had room for the desert, it looked amazing. I can't say enough about the people who made sure we had a memorable and delightful experience.

Dear Carol O
Thank you for your great review, We are delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable Sunday lunch with us and to see that both my staff and i were able to make your visit a special and memorable one.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

A group of four of us went for dinner in Gallagher’s, absolutely top class experience.
We had a booking made for 7pm but we were chatting & catching up so we’re not ready to put in our order until 7,35 or so. I expected us to be rushed but we were not at all & this restaurant was packed to the rafters on a Saturday night

I had the starter- prawn in curry special in a lovely poppadum, it was delicious. The seafood trio was presented so well & the home chips were gorgeous. I can’t comment on steak or meat there but it looked really good

The only criticism was my husband felt that the pork belly portion although really good - it was on the small size & he had ordered this in a lot of restaurants

What really makes this restaurant stand out from other similar establishments is the live subtle music in the background, there was lovely girl playing piano in the restaurant, that was a lovely touch, the lighting & the ambience & the decor really make it special

The staff are confident, knowledgeable - fair play to them for remembering all the specials & the sides.
Overall fantastic experience- highly recommend both to tourists & locals

Dear holly74limerick
Thank you so much for your Fantastic 5* review, We are all so delighted to read your wonderful and detailed review, it is great to see that all aspects of your visit were so memorable from the excellent freshly prepared food to dedicated and professional staff and unique ambiance and of course our lovely pianist Catherine creating that special atmosphere.
Thank you again and i hope it is not to too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Gallagher's again