See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here midweek in August..
Our room was across the road from the main hotel..
There was 3 of us in the room, we had 1 double and 2 singles..
The room was the worst hotel room I have ever seen..
The view from the window was a dirty backyard and shed...which I understand the hotel takes no responsibility for...
The beds were the most uncomfortable ever, and the bedding was ancient.
The room wasn't dusted in weeks,
No phone,rust on the lamp and the mirror,the table and chairs were just in front of the dresser and h ad to be moved to open the drawers...
I really could find any redeeming features about this room.
We had breakfast next morning..
Basic cereals,orange juice, yoghurt fruit.. and fry..
Not a scone or croissant in sight..
€180 for the room with breakfast for 3....TOTALLY OVER-PRICED..
Would not recommend this hotel to anybody.. I'd rather stay in a tent

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marion L
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Check-in was easy, but our room was across the street, on the 3rd floor and there was no elevator (nor were we told that at check in). The rooms were small, but I can deal with that. Everything was very dated, inlcuding the 12-inch tube TV that was too small to see from the bed. Not an issue though, as all 7 channels were full of static and couldn't be watched anyway. There was no wifi in the building. There was not a proper quilt or comforter on the bed - just an itchy chunk of batting covered by a sheet. It made sense, because the sheets felt like sandpaper and the beds were hard with no support. Parking was inconvenient, but based on locations, there are likely no other options.
The worst part was the other patrons, who smoked in the hallways, despite us reminding them mulitple times that it is nonsmoking, unsupervised and very loud children in the halls at all hours of the night and intoxicated rude adults who have no concern for others who may be trying to sleep. Management did nothing to enforce any rules or order.
Housekeeping did a good job, though.

Room Tip: Avoid the building across the street
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2017

We visited this hotel on the Scooters weekend. The hotel is old and quaint. The food however wasn't nice. I had smoked salmon. I had to ask for sauce to add some flavour. My friend had a deep fried plate of chicken coupons and chicken drumsticks. It was the most greasy food on a plate I had ever seen. She left most of it. We weren't even asked how was your meal when she took away the plates. We won't be back. We walked out without leaving a tip. One word to sum our experience. Awful.

Room Tip: We did not stay here. We just had not very nice food
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marie Y
VeniceLovers, Guest Relations Manager at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Marie,
I am disappointed that you didn't enjoy your meal. I am a bit confused about your chicken dish as we have not got chicken drumsticks or chicken "coupons" on our menu, so I cannot understand what meal you had.
Our smoked salmon is delivered fresh every Friday morning from our fish supplier and I am surprized that it was tasteless, as we sell a lot of smoked salmon, however I will mention your complaint to our supplier. It is not normal to serve any sauce with smoked salmon.
I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your weekend in Tramore.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

We stayed here in the middle of a 2 week vacation where we were in a different hotel every night. This was the worst hotel we stayed in. At check-in, we were told that parking was full and "your guess is as good as mine" as far as where we should park. Ummm, no - I live about 5,000 miles away, so my guess is certainly not as good as yours... The rooms were in a building around the corner. We were given a few keys and sent on our way. While the rooms were clean, that is about it. No A/C and no fans provided (rooms were pretty hot after a warm day). Hotel is "pet friendly" and there was a dog show in town, so you can imagine what the noise level was like. Walls were paper thin, so we were treated to the (loud) sounds of our neighbors' recreational activities, which were impressively long-winded. In the morning, we discovered there was no hot water. We asked (after getting dressed and walking around the corner to the other building - did I mention there is no phone in the room, so you can't call the front desk) and were told that he would turn on the "boiler" and we should wait about 20 minutes. 60 minutes later, still no hot water. We washed up as best we could in the sink and got out as quickly as possible... Discovered our car had been "watered" during the night - not sure if it was one of the dogs or one of the local drunks, which were plentiful that night with the numerous bars in the area. There are plenty of other options in this town, which is a lovely town from what little we saw - choose one of them.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank kmnmb
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Let's agree this is not Michelin star food ...but it is a descent pub carvery food. It brings you back a little in time. The decorum has been there for a while but everything is clean and the staff very helpful ...and on a good you can sit outside. All in all, you will not spend a fortune and you will get a proper meal.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 658annmarier

AnnMarier,
Thank you for reviewing our carvery. We always appreciate our customers taking the time to write a review. We pride ourselves on serving good wholesome fresh food at a reasonable price. The outside tables are very popular on sunny days.
We hope that we will see you back here again before the end of the summer.