1,567 results
All reviews courtyard room irish wolfhound main building cabra castle the cottages stone walls golf course four poster bed free standing bath wedding reception dublin airport wedding venue grounds are beautiful wedding guests stayed longer bridal suite course meal
Reviewed 27 May 2018

was here for a wedding and really enjoyed it. hotel is beautifully appointed with fine antiques and paintings throughout. the meal was amazing and the staff go the extra mile. grounds and golf course very well kept.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
RomanticCastles, Manager at Cabra Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

I'm delighted you enjoyed the wedding that you attended with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us.
Our accommodations have all been refurbished recently as well as the exterior of the castle with the recent addition of Mitzie's garden.
We have plans in January /February 2019 also to renovate the existing Terrace patio so hopefully next time you visit even more will have improved.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were over in May 2018 for both our honeymoon and a memorial trip for my mom. We had two nights at Cabra Castle. They were wonderful. We were in the rooms outside the castle proper and they were very nice. The staff was excellent, setting beautiful and accommodations were lovely.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Congratulations on your recent Marriage, I'm delighted you chose to honeymoon with us At Cabra castle and moreover that you enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
On behalf of us all here at the castle , I would like to wish to you both every happiness in your future together and hope that you will visit us for many years to come.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I loved this property and the surrounding area. Our room was large and elegant. The staff take a lot of pride in meeting your needs and maintaining the property. The breakfast was very good and we had a light supper at the bar and the food was very good. I strongly recommend staying at Cabra Castle!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Cabra castle is set on 100 acres of lush parkland and is situated only 500 yards from dun Na ri forest park.
We are indeed very fortunate to have such wonderful scenery on our doorstep. I'm delighted your experience with us was so pleasant and that our staff were so accommodating. I thank you for offering your feedback and look forward to welcoming you to Cabra castle in the future.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

By far my favorite castle. great Staff beautiful castle and fab breakfast! What a great place to have a wedding. The courtyard rooms were big in fact we all would get together in our room after dinner to hang out. This is a must see Castle!

Stayed: November 2017

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm delighted that the wedding you attended was so enjoyable and that our accommodation and dining service was to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.,

Reviewed 14 May 2018

This castle was beautiful and in a great setting. In terms of the castles throughout Ireland, it was not our favorite, but it was nice. We were disappointed to find our room was not actually part of the castle, but rather in a cottage at the other end of the parking lot from the castle. The accommodations were nice and very clean. It was a bit hot while we were there and there is no central air so you have to sleep with your windows open and these rooms happen to be right next to the parking area, and therefore guests coming and going create noise.

This castle, of the three we stayed in while there, was the most original to form in terms of its interior. The bar had very good food and a beautiful patio. The restaurant stops serving breakfast at 10 a.m. (we missed it). My Tip - Be sure to book in the castle - not the cottages.

Room Tip: Be sure to choose a room in the castle itself - some rooms are in the cottages
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with us and thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback and comments on your experience.
Unfortunately there are only 12 rooms in the main house, therefore we can never guarantee these rooms. We may receive upwards of 30 /40 requests for a castle room on any given evening so inevitably there will be someone disappointed. We do our best to facilitate requests as much as is possible. Our courtyard rooms (of which there are 61) are located to the rear of the castle and are full of character also as they used to be stables and outbuildings of the original castle. All our rooms including the cottages have been refurbished recently. Cottage rooms are the standard accommodation with castle and courtyard rooms as our deluxe rooms. I hope that should you be travelling in Ireland in the future you will consider staying at Cabra castle once again.