All reviews the main house under new management victorian garden breakfast was freshly cooked comfy bed lovely setting dinner menu short stay every member of staff within walking distance on arrival very pleasant stay friends wedding staff were so friendly dublin city bar and restaurant would stay again
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stayed just the one night before flying out of Dublin Airport very early the next day, so we had a room only rate as we had to leave at 5.45am. No problem the staff accommodated us very well. We had dinner in the restaurant and it was excellent. The manager kindly showed us some of the refurbished rooms in the main part of the hotel, they were superbly decorated. We stayed in one of the courtyard rooms which was perfect for our short stay, these are to be brought up to the same standard this year as well. In all a very pleasant stay and we will probably stay the next time we visit Ireland. A great location, quiet, pretty countryside and a 5 minute walk into town.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I booked a surprise overnight for my son-in-law's 40th birthday.
Despite the fact their table was pre-booked, they waited for approx an hour for their starter to be served! Although they did receive an apology, this must surely rank as very bad service. When I booked this over the phone, I did say that my son-in-laws birthday was on the night. I had hoped for an acknowledgement of this for him. A bottle of wine in the room or at dinner would have been a nice touch.
They were very happy with the room and breakfast but the service at dinner was a big disappointment.
I will not be recommending this hotel

4  Thank yvonnenicolson1
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We were looking forward to a night of luxury. The hotel website shows the opulent entrance and lovely surroundings.
I did book through pigs back and got a discount. It was €79 but a further €30 supplement for weekend night - do €109 b&b for two. This appears great value but what we got was cheap not cheerful!
We were in the courtyard rooms. Rooms are very basic and lack any finishing touches that you would associate with a manor. As per photos the room looks to be in need of updating. Grubby mfd furniture is not fitting to the setting and the shower room is poorly finished . Windows in shower room weren’t even properly frosted cheap stick on frosting that is peeling off and signs of damp/ steam damage to the paint . The courtyard rooms are very much the poor relations to the manor . The bed was a small double and not comfortable. Add to this the two huge radiators at full blast in tiny room and any hope of a peaceful luxurious sleep went out the not so clean windows. I did report the fact that we couldn’t adjust the radiator to the manager who assured it would be fixed while we had dinner. We returned to our room about midnight hotter than before. Issue was not fixed and I gave up trying to sleep with all windows open. Dinner was also disappointing. All in all we were let down. Unless you are booking rooms specifically in the manor I’d avoid. Redeeming factor was the friendly staff.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MaureenGalway
Reviewed 29 March 2018

We stayed in one of the Courtyard rooms. It was really nice. There is a huge gardens in the hotel which is very tranquil. It's only a few minutes from Dublin city but it feels like its in the middle of the countryside. The dinner and breakfast were excellent and the service was of a high standard. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Very Swish hotel. Staff were very polite and helpful, rooms have recently been refurbished and were very clean and comfortable.

Food was lovely, and the very kind chief prepared us a simple meal even though we arrived an hour after the kitchen had closed. (We were VERY thankful!)

Only a couple of notes which would have made our stay even better..

1) The waitress did not have good English and I had to abort mission for the Budwiswer.. however the Bulmers Cider that I received was very actually very refreshing!

2) The staff seem to be mainly European, possibly French, which meant the TV in the bar was on a French channel for the staff, (not a lot of good to me) I would have liked to hear the Irish news or any thing related to Ireland would have been nice.. Over all I felt like maybe I had flown to France instead of Ireland :)

3) Would have been nice to have a welcome pack in the room to tell me what time breakfast is, and also how to contact reception etc.

I wish this hotel the very best in the future. They have a lovely setting and a great attitude.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business