Nesbitt Arms Hotel
TripAdvisor
Brae House(Ardara)
Agoda.com
Agoda.com
All reviewslovely hotelfunction roomfriday nightsteakbar restaurantfish and chipsgreat atmospherepiping hotcorner househotel is situatedgreat towntop classlarge groupthe main streetmiddle of townlast weekendsmall town
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

My Wife and I stayed with 2 friends from Bolton for a weekend it is one of the best hotels we have stayed at in Donegal 10/10 staff are so friendly very clean food delicious atmosphere great staff couldn’t be more helpful we will definitely be back Thanks for a GREAT WEEKEND

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Claire O, Owner at Nesbitt Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Wow, thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am thrilled you and your friends enjoyed your time here with us. I will gladly pass on your great positive comments to our team here who I must say ooze friendliness without any effort. I will also pass on your comments to our housekeeping and kitchen team who work tirelessly in the background to help our guests enjoy their time with us.

I look forward to your return to this beautiful part of Ireland.

Kindest regards and once again thank you.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

From the minute we walked into the door, we were treated as a friend. Our server, Eileen, was originally from Brooklyn, N Y. She was a treasure of information, and an awesome ambassador for the Nesbitt Arms. She advised us on day trips, and served us flawlessly. All personnel were warm and friendly. We highly recommend this stop on any Ireland trip.

Stayed: April 2018
Claire O, Owner at Nesbitt Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Dear Penny

Thank you so much for your really nice review of our hotel. I am thrilled you enjoyed your time here with us. I will certainly pass on your kind comments our team here and to Eileen, we are blessed here with such a great group and I am glad you experienced it first hand.

Thank you for your recommendation also and I do hope you will return again sometime in the future.

Kindest regards

Liam, Claire & Team

Reviewed 13 April 2018

This is a lovely hotel with spacious clean rooms. We were a family of four that were made to feel very welcome. The dinner and breakfast were both excellent - and I'm glad we booked the restaurant in advance as it was busy. The staff were extremely friendly and more than happy to assist in any way. Tip - the pub next door played fabulous movie music on a Friday night. Thanks so much

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard H
Claire O, Owner at Nesbitt Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am thrilled you and your family enjoyed your stay here with us. I have to agree, our team here go out of their way to ensure that every person is made feel at home. i will delightfully pass on your comments to all the team.

I do hope you and your family will return to us in the not too distant future.

Kind regards and many thanks again for you review.

Liam, Claire & Team

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I stayed here recently for the first time and boy was it amazing. I walked in the door to be greeted by a very nice friendly lady who welcomed me. The décor in this hotel is very classy and very well thought out. My room was obviously recently renovated, beautiful colour scheme, warm and very clean.
I dined in Ramblers with friends and the food was excellent, great choice, piping hot and served with a smile. All the staff here are very professionally turned out and each and every one of them talk to you. You feel very at home here. The ladies in housekeeping were such a lovely friendly bubbly bunch too, always greeting us as we passed. A big plus is the hotel in right in the centre of this pretty Town.
This hotel is 3 star but in my opinion it is 5 star in décor, service , food and most of all friendliness.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and I will be back.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Nesbitt Arms Boutique Hotel. I am thrilled you enjoyed your time here with us and got to experience our truly friendly team. I will certainly pass on your kind comments to all the team here who I must say work tirelessly to ensure that all our guests and visitors have a memorable experience.

I do hope you will join us again in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Checked into this hotel in late March of this year for a three night stay for sightseeing in Donegal and the Nesbitt Arms Hotel is perfect for this. Greeted on arrival with a smiling person on reception Liam who gave a lovely warm relaxed welcome, Perfect after a long journey. There was no rush or hurry and the relaxed atmosphere was immediately heart warming. Convenient lift to our room, which was small but perfectly formed! Bright and airy but lovely and warm, it did not have a view but as this hotel is based in town that was acceptable. Spacious en suite with a lovely deep bath the water was always great for a bath or shower and the linen was in good supply,

As it was a quiet time of year we had a very quiet room and were never disturbed by outside noises or passing traffic so perfect for a qood nights sleep to prepare you for the walking and sightseeing next day.

Breakfast was buffet and table service for your cooked full Irish or whatever the order of the day was. Nothing was a problem and the service was outstanding. Food was fresh and well presented. Staff were friendly but very professional and you got the feeling that everyone worked well as a team to the best advantage of the customers.

I can only say that the scenery in this area is very well worth the trip up. breathtaking does not cover it really. Bring your boots and jacket and hit the trails and do not miss out on a visit to Glenveagh National Park, Lodge and Gardens,Great on any given day with shuttle bus to the lodge which has a great tea room and the tour of the lodge is very interesting.

Ramblers restaurant and bar is the eatery of the Hotel with an excellent varied menu every night, reasonable prices good quality food ( try the ribs to start and the fish and chips - mouthwatering) and excellent service, The Staff varied in ages but all were professional fast and efficient.

For value for money, good food, great service and just a great spot for sightseeing, you wont do better in the area than the Nesbitt Arms Hotel, Thanks Liam.

Room Tip: If you areslightly taller than average - ask for a big bed in your room, ours was very snug in terms of size - - everything else perfect
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mary,

Thank you so much for your very detailed review of The Nesbitt Arms Boutique Hotel. I can only say that I am thrilled you enjoyed every part of your time here with us. I will certainly pass on your comments to our amazing team here who effortlessly like to give every guest and memorable stay .

I do hope you will return to this beautiful laid back part of Ireland in the near future.

Once again a big thank you.
Kind regards