The Royal Hotel and Merrill Leisure Club
  • Beachfront
US$ 140
US$ 176
US$ 169
Glenview Hotel(Glen Of The Downs)
US$ 194
US$ 185
Hotwire.com
Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin(Killiney)(Great Value!)
US$ 172
US$ 140
Official Site
TripAdvisor
1,134 results
All reviewsnight managershort breakfood was lovelyenjoyable stayboth nightsdart stationsea frontmerrillwicklow
Reviewed 5 August 2017

We enjoyed a great weekend in this lovely hotel, retaining quaint original features while combing modern refurbished decor in bedrooms and bathrooms. The bedrooms are cosy with TVs and tea/coffee making facilities. The bathrooms are spacious with bath and shower. The leisure centre, gym, games room and kids club are great amenities all well maintained. McGettigan's Bar is very modern with relaxing areas and great food. The restaurant also a very relaxed space in which to enjoy delicious food served by courteous, friendly efficient staff, the staff throughout the hotel are all of similar calibar.

Room Tip: The hotel is currently being refurbished it would be prudent to request a refurbished room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CullenLaoisIreland
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Had the pleasure of staying here, family weekend break. I found the hotel to be ideally situated, staff were very accomodating especially the reception and leisure center staff. The hearty breakfast was great, the evening meal was great value, well presented, tasty fare. The rooms were clean and well serviced. Bray is a lovely town and i will gladly return. Keep up the great work there at The Royal Hotel, look forward to returing.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank bill m
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Staff were very helpful and accommodating throughout our stay. Especially the bar Staff and waiting staff. Warm and bubbly people.

There is no free parking at this property. There's an area to the rear of the hotel which is park and display. €5 a night for hotel guests. This wasn't so bad as you knew your car was safe. However there was a man, that I can only assume owned/controlled the parking property.
This man was very rude and condescending towards myself and other family members. I am aware that he might not have any connections to the hotel but his behaviour frustrated my family.

Rooms could do with air conditioning but we were provided with fans when we requested them. This helped.

I will return :)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights with husband and 2 kids and elderly parents. The customer service was fantastic. The staff were so helpful and friendly with grt directions and suggestions for days out. Hotel is old but had everything we needed for a great stay. We used swimming pool every day and the staff gave the kids footballs to play with. Had dinner in the bar one night and the food was lovely. Bray is a grt spot for kids and has some lovely seafront places to eat.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

First impression was lack of signage for car park. The hotel is situated on a busy Main Street. I pulled up at hotel and asked a lady who was polishing the door for directions to the car park. She didn't speak but nodded to the left. That resulted in me almost going the wrong way up a one way street. Luckily a bus driver spotted me and directed me to the car park at the back which is actually accessed from two blocks away. On arrival at the pretty full, smallish car park a gentleman emerged from a wooden hut, asked us for €5 parking fee and helped us find a space. When we got to reception I mentioned it to receptionist who seemed to be completely disinterested in our presence. She said " Oh everybody complains about that" !!! I asked if she would bring it to the attention of management and she replied "I'm fed up telling them". Appalling customer service at front of house. Absolutely no word of welcome or any offer of help. We had a room on the first floor which was accessed by an absolute warren of steps, corridors and fire doors. Room looked grubby with lots of stains on furnishings and the bathroom was particularly grotty. We could hear loud music from the bar in our room until 12.30 am. Breakfast next morning was ok but nothing special. Bed and breakfast cost €199. Way overpriced for standard of accommodation and service. Will not be returning

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family