“Nice meal”

Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 27
Cuisines: French, Irish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Award winning country restaurant sourcing the best ingredients cooked to the highest standard with friendly but professional service. We are located only 6 miles from Cashel town via N74 road in the village of Thomastown.
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Excellent place! We came at it quite randomly and were really satisfied. Food was more than delicious and the staff was friendly and really good manered. Vegetavle soup was really really good and delicious. For our main we ordered lamb and hake. Very very delicious. I highly recommand thia place.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

We've eaten at O'Neills Bistro at least a dozen times over the last couple of years, and it just keeps getting better and better. It was great the first time we ate here, but now, I would have to conclude that it is possibly the best restaurant in Ireland. How is it possible that this small, unassuming place could be the best? Here are a few reasons. First of all, of course, is the food. The meats and fish are all cooked to perfection, and beyond that, the vegetables and sauces are extraordinary - tasty, perfectly cooked, a great variety and not the same assortment of veg served as a side and afterthought at even the best restaurants. But beyond the fact that they serve what must be close to, if not the best food in Ireland, is the impeccable service. All the staff are friendly, attentive and helpful. The atmosphere and staff are so comfortable, not the over - imposing feeling you often get in many top restaurants. Then there is the menu. It is varied and every dish is appealing. The only difficult thing about this restaurant is choosing among the offerings. My wife is a vegetarian, and the first time we ate here, she was disappointed to not see anything vegetarian on the menu, so she asked if they had anything vegetarian. Oh my gosh!! They brought her an entire vegetarian menu!!! And finally, if all that were not enough, the prices are absolutely unexpected for a restaurant of this quality, nothing like what you'd expect at a restaurant of 5 star quality. The prices are very moderate and affordable compared to anywhere else I've seen of this quality. If you have the opportunity to eat here, I can confidently say you will experience perhaps one of your most memorable meals ever.

4  Thank merlin321
Reviewed 29 April 2018

I cannot say anything bad about this restaurant, as it was excellent. The menu choices wer delightful and left you with a dilemma as to which to pick. Starters and deserts were to die for. As I sit here to say the least full I cannot pick anything from the menu as they were all equally inviting. Their was only one thing that surpassed the meal and that was the friendlyness in which it was served. Thestaff were extremlyfriendly and created their own aurain the Bistro. I will finish with " I will be back "

1  Thank brendan480
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

WOW! Best meal we have had in years in Ireland. Came from Limerick. Without a doubt worth the journey. I would recommend this place to anyone, every course was very well presented and delicious!!! 10 outta 10 guys well done

2  Thank robertirl1
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Well presented delicious food. Ingredients sourced locally are particularly good. I've tried the beef and lamb previously and on this occasion had pork three ways. The meat is from Eamon Ryan's in nearby Golden and is superb. If you can't get a table in this very popular restaurant then treat yourself to a fillet steak from Eamons shop.
Imaginative starters feature scallops, monkfish, crab and pork belly. Mains are mostly meat. Hake was the fish offered. There is a separate vegetarian menu with three starters and three mains. Sweets are different enough to be tempting and the lemon drizzle I had was delicious and obviously been created with skill and flair. Much more than a piece of cake!
Prices are reasonable and when the quality of the food and the care and commitment of the staff taken into account represent good value for money. The ambience is relaxed and unpretentious. Well worth a visit!

1  Thank John W