All reviewsramada resortleisure centrepool and jacuzzichanging rooms arepleasant girlinterconnecting roomscleaning staffwent straightsteak sandwichnight portertea coffeebar foodboth nightslovely hotelenjoyable stayone night stayfood was lovely
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Lovely setting, rooms very clean and tidy, spa was great really relaxing- staff went extra mile for my birthday. Highly recommend- we purchased offer for this hotel on groupon and was worth every penny. Food in restaurant was good!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ger Wogan W, Guest Relations at Carnbeg Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Guest, We thank you for your positive feedback and are happy too hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back. Kind Regards, Chloe Fay. Carnbeg Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

I recently stay at this hotel. I had book my room through Booking.com. I had booked a Executive Double Room, in the list of facilities for room it was noted that it had a Hot Tub, with this being a birthday celebrating I paid the extra for this room £131 ( room only ) other wise I would have book a normal double room. Getting to the point the room we got was a double room with no Hot Tub, I contacted reception to query my booking ( speaking to a lady I should have took her name) and was asked did I have a bath, that the bath could be my hot tub, the bath itself was very small, I was then told that we were on the highest floor and that we had a king size bed that was their executive room, bed was 2 singles pushed together. not too sure if its the hotel or booking.com for false advertising of this room. I did speaking to reception the next morning and had a lovely gentleman at reception who tried to look into it for me but I was getting nowhere, neither to say I don't think I will be returning to this hotel or booking through booking.com again .

Room Tip: if your booking this hotel through booking.com, read the small print as the room that you book isn't the one that you will get
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank k345992
Ger Wogan W, Manager at Carnbeg Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Please accept our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced with the room you were allocated during your resent stay with us. I am currently investigated your booking and would be most grateful for the opportunity to speak with you in person. We do have several room categories and hope that you do consider returning to us. I look forward to speaking with you in person and thank you for taking the time to review us. Although it was not a good reflection on the Hotel, as a Management team we are extremely focused in correcting our shortcomings and maintaining the good reputation we have built at the Carnbeg Hotel and Spa,

Adrian D. Harkins
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Booked for one night four months in advance to attend Feile finals. Booking was cancelled 4 days before trip as a result of a 'leak'. Long story short, when the local gaa managers enquired all was suddenly OK and booking was re-activated. On arrival no booking could be found, of course. Very disappointing start.
Hotel was OK. Cleanliness in room was fine and beds were comfy. One beside light and one overhead light not working, kettle wasn't working, TV barely worked. Food was PK, very greasy. All in all, this hotel needs some TLC

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank OrlaW119
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Good bright clean rooms, good breakfast, good value. On the Armagh road on the outskirts of Dundalk (5-7 minutes drive from the town). Good pool and a small gym. I and my colleagues stay there on a regular basis.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ger Wogan W, Manager at Carnbeg Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Guest,
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,
Chloe Fay.
Carnbeg Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed her for one night. Our room had a dirty towel on the floor aa we entered it so we were upgraded by a lovely apologetic receptionis to 'the best room in the hotel' it was a shambles. Curtain ripped, Corner bath held up by bits of wood. Thermostat falling off wall,balcony floor and table rotten, nail/pin sticking out of mattress and the list goes on... See photos.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janettebyrne
Ger Wogan W, Manager at Carnbeg Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Ms Byrne,
Please accept our sincere apologies for the room you were provided with on the night of your stay. This room should not have been allocated to you as it is off for maintenance.We have a very high standard of cleanliness and provide a superior standard of rooms at the Carnbeg Hotel and Spa. We have just completed 90 percent of our refurbishment and have 4 more bedrooms to complete including the room you were allocated. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in person to further explain and apologize for the standard of service you received falling short of our usual excellent standards which are visible on TripAdvisor.

Adrian D. Harkins