All reviewsrooftop restauranttop floorsea viewtayto parkcorner roomcomfortable bedlovely hotelirish seabuffet styleattending a weddingbreakfast is servedbusiness triphotel barbar foodstayed for one nightplenty of parkingfood was lovely
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night from the minute we walked in the door we felt welcomed we had an executive room on the 11th Floor the room was lovely & the view was spectacular the breakfast the next morning on the 13th floor had the usual buffet juices cereal fruit yogurt etc service was great & the views again were spectacular will definitely love to return here for another stay

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Here on a business trip with my husband who stays here whenever he visits Dundalk. This was my first visit.
The hotel itself is very conveniently placed, the staff are very friendly and helpful and the accommodation is good value. However, I am very disappointed in the 14 below bar menu. I'm sure it's fine if you're only staying one or two nights but I have struggled to find something different that I wanted, after only two meals.
I dislike places which have huge menus but the variety on this hotel's menu is sadly lacking and we have chosen to eat elsewhere in Dundalk, at least until the Rooftop Restaurant opens its doors for dinner on Thursday.
Also, the gym is a very poor specimen. Not only is it in a small windowless, airless room in the basement, all the machines (stepper, cross-trainer and treadmills) all face the wall! This meant that, when I was in there, I had my back to the only other occupant, which made me feel quite uncomfortable and vulnerable.
Can I make a plea to the management to turn these machines around so they face into the room?
It would also help if they were cleaned with a nice, refreshing antibacterial spray once in a while - they felt dirty and unkempt.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hi Vikki H,

Thanks for your recent overnight, we're glad to have hosted your stay. I'm pleased to know that you and your husband find our location convenient. Your stellar ratings and your kind remarks about our friendly staff inspire us to continuously provide True Hospitality for everyone. On the downside, I'm sorry our Fourteen Below Bar menu and gym setup fell short of your expectations. I've taken note of your feedback and will raise this with the management for consideration.

Thanks again for your candor. I hope we get to welcome you back soon.

Safe travels,

Jillian I

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night here and were very impressed by the service we received from the first welcome by staff. Loads of parking. Very helpful staff all around. Room was exceptionally comfortable and food in the bar was great. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Twinkletoes59
Reviewed 23 March 2018

I was on the road with work for the day after a 6am start, despite original plans to go home, after 8pm I was feeling really tired I decided I would try and stay somewhere for the night. I called my husband from my car (I was in Newry). He travels a lot with work too and I asked him if he knew of a hotel nearby that had decent room service and would be handy to get a good nights rest. He suggested the Crowne Plaza in Dundalk so I asked him to call them and see if they had a room available. He did so and they told him they only had one room left which was an accessible room with no bath for €115 (single occupancy). I did think the price was a bit steep, I often stay overnight when on the road and almost always book at the last minute quite late in the evening directly with the hotel and the average price I pay is €65-€80 mid week outside of major cities for good four star hotels. When I got to the room it was really cold so I adjusted the air conditioning to 24 degrees and looked for the room service menu. I couldn't find one anywhere, or a guest service directory so I presumed they didn't do room service which was disappointing. I went to the bar where the service and food were really good. I asked the waitress about room service and she said they do offer it but the menu must have been missing from my room. When I got back to my room it was still really cold, the bathroom in particular was freezing. I saw on the controller that it said "instructions in room directory" so I looked again for the room directory but I'm pretty certain there wasn't one. I know I could have called down for someone from maintenance but at this stage I was so exhausted I just wanted to sleep so I looked for a blanket in the wardrobe but there wasn't one. Luckily I had brought jumper with me.
The next morning I set my alarm early to catch up on work on my laptop but when I sat in the chair at the desk it was indented, the cushion had sunk into the frame of the chair making it really uncomfortable to sit on. The accessible bathroom was difficult to use and when having a shower there was nowhere to put cosmetics and everything else in the bathroom got wet. I know I understood this was the only room left but I do think that charging a premium room rate for a room that is not ideal is a bit cheeky! Breakfast was fine apart from the coffee which was literally undrinkable, it tasted stewed and definitely not like coffee. All in all I felt that I had extremely bad value for money paying a high midweek room rate for a below par room. On checking out I told the receptionist about the lack of room service menu and he told me that the menu was currently being changed (although no apologies!) and when I told him about the air conditioning he said I should have phoned down, which in fairness I could have but having the instructions in a room directory would have suited my tired state better. I travel extensively for work through the UK and Ireland and have stayed in the Crowne Plaza at Dublin airport many times so I thought I could be assured a similar consistent standard but I really felt the hotel didn't offer me a good value for quality ratio as a business traveler.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank MARPADJOE
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hello MARPADJOE,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. While I am glad that the food and staff service received was pleasant, I am sorry about the cold room temperature and the condition of the chair received. I want our hotel to be your go to place on your business travels. Along with your observations about the room directory and pricing, I have shared your comments with the hotel management as reference. They will be used as reference to improve the services we offer. I am confident that measures taken will make your next stay with us better than the last.

I hope you give us another try!

Best Regards,

Clayton G.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

The coffee was lousy but at least it was moderately priced and they chuck in a ‘coffee’ biscuit. The moderate pricing, smiling friendly servers and the biscuit bring it to three star.

It was also hard to find an empty seat in the lobby mid morning. If you are a people watcher there’s plenty of activity around the lobby area. Not much sign of any austerity here.

Parking space at the front area was scarce too and the parking spaces aren’t actually generous. I did note that there’s overflow parking at the side of the hotel.

It’s the 21st century and there’s no excuse for dishing up poor or average coffee as is happening here.

This hotel chain is international so why can’t it simply invest in a proper coffee machine, train a few people on the necessary skills and offer premium coffees at a premium price.

I doubt I’ll ever return here but I would encourage this place into a journey into investing in great coffee. Customers will thank you and pay a premium price.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Newryoneisback
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hi Newryoneisback!

Thanks for choosing us for your trip in Dundalk and sharing your experience! We're always proud of our cordial hotel staff, and I'm sure they'll be equally pleased to know you appreciate their efforts. I'm very sorry though that you didn't like our coffee. I also recognize the difficulty in getting a parking spot and shortage of sitting area in the lobby.

I totally understand that details matter, and they can make or break our guests' overall experience. I took notes with our General Manager from your review, so we can make the necessary enhancements to our current operations.

Once again, thanks for your time. We hope to have you again, so we can provide you with an unforgettable experience that meets the highest standard of luxury.

Safe travels,