All reviews old world charm garnish island bantry bay yeats suite old style lovely view sea view bridal suite west cork stunning location staff were very friendly dining room public areas family room lovely hotel double room bar food
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Hotel looks great from outside but very old fashioned on the inside. Bedrooms we were shown are straight out of Agatha Christie so we left the hotel ! Other bedrooms could well be good but what we were shown told us to make a quick exit

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
carole g, General Manager at Eccles Hotel Glengarriff, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear Vinny971,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. It's a pity you didn't have to opportunity to stay or dine with us but hopefully in the future we will have to opportunity of welcoming you to the Eccles Hotel.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

My wife Bernie and I had the pleasure of staying in your hotel last Wednesday and Thursday.

I got a call from Jack in your Hotel on Monday evening advising that they were expecting us that evening and to let us know that their restaurant closed at 9.00 in case we needed a meal. I said there must be some mix up that we were not due there until Wednesday for a two night stay! Jack was extremely helpful, professional and told me not to worry. I asked if there was rooms available on the Wednesday and Thursday, he confirmed there was and advised that he would make the arrangements to switch our booking. When I was later able to checked the email confirmation I could see that I totally screwed up our itinerary, we should have been in your hotel in Glengarriff for the Monday and Tuesday. What an idiot!

I called Jack back on the Monday evening and let him know of my mistake. Jack was excellent, he was able to switch the booking, did so without any fuss for us and emphasised we should concentrate on enjoying our stay. So what could have been a very big mess for us was extremely well handled.

We are very grateful to Jack and wanted to let you know that you have an excellent person on your team. We really enjoyed our short stay, we found all your staff to be friendly, helpful and courteous. We will strongly recommend your hotel at every opportunity – even though the story of my mess up will need to be retold again and again – and want to congratulate you for the great service and hospitality you provide

Room Tip: Request bay view
4  Thank oceall

Dear oceall,

Thank you once again for your kind words and for taking the time to email them on to me also. It was a great pleasure to look after you both and Jack is delighted he was able to do so.

Please do let us know when you will be making a return visit and we will be very happy to look after your booking

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I travelled to West Cork with my sister for a few days and decided this looked different so we rang up and booked a table. Not knowing what to expect we got dressed up 1920's style and headed for the beautiful restaurant ran by the most considerate and attentive staff! On arrival at our room earlier that day, we were staying on the ground floor overlooking the sea, what a beautiful sight to look out upon as the boats came and went.
A lovely calm hum of people were in the area and Glengarriff is a great area for a get away in Ireland. The food, athmosphere and standard of accomodation were beyond value!! The Menu accompanied with wine per course was of the highest standard and so unique!
we enjoyed chatting with the locals over a local whiskey in the early hours of the morning.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kilbeggan P

Dear Kilbeggan P,

Many thanks for your lovely feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed our 1920's themed night... we certainly loved hosting it! So much so that we will be hosting a 1920's Downton Dinner on New Years Eve so I do hope you have the opportunity of joining us again. Please check out our website or contact us directly and we will be delighted to personally take care of your booking.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

We were upgraded to the fabulous Yeats suite when there was a technical issue with our original room. The lady at reception was very friendly and helpful, as was our server in the dining room for dinner. The food was superb and will certainly return to the restaurant also. The hotel is not modern but has real old world charm with great staff. Thanks to all and we will return.

1  Thank yobwashere

Dear yobwashere,

We are delighted that you enjoyed the Yeats Suite during your stay with us. Thank you for the wonderful compliments regarding the team and the food, they will be delighted to read your kind words.

We do hope you will come back to visit soon and please do get in touch

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is situated right across from the bay with pretty harbor views. Wonderful old hotel being restored to its former glory! Our room overlooking the water was nice as was the bathroom. The dining room is lovely and the breakfast was very good with nice buffet selection as well as options to order cooked to order. The breakfast staff were quick and friendly.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nowpacking

Dear nowpacking,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. We are indeed in the process of restoring to our formal glory and we look forward to welcoming you back in the new year to avail of the next stage!