All reviews mary and john ring of kerry one night delightful visit comfortable place to relax warm greeting great irish breakfast b bs personal touch breakfasts were wonderful rooms are huge cooked breakfast enjoyed our stay good size following morning great room halfway point
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

I learned the difference between a B&B & a guesthouse here: B&B's are like staying in a bedroom in a house, while Guesthouses have common areas to lounge in, bathrooms in the room, and other amenities like a small hotel. I now prefer Guesthouses!

This place is awesome! The rooms are HUGE. One even has 3 beds! (Evidently family rooms are common in Europe, though not in America.). By far the largest room I've stayed in, and I've even stayed in a suite at a 4-star hotel in Killarney - this was bigger!

It was built as a guesthouse so unlike many older B&Bs in homes it has plenty of space, excellent heating, big bathtubs & showers (both!) in each room. There are steps to the upstairs bedrooms (it's 2 stories) so if you're mobility challenged this might not be for you.

It's about a 2 minute walk to the Waterville Heritage Trail (take time here: very informative trail!) and Dooley's Restaurant. It's about a 5-10 minute walk to the center of the village. 10 minutes to Waterville Golf Links (and the fantastic Inny Beach) or Smuggler's Restaurant. You can drive to Derrynane, Skellig Loop, stone forts, castle ruins on a beach, fishing, hunting, horseback ride or hang out on a beach.... You should be here! It's a place you could stay more than one night and enjoy it! Can't beat the sun which bathes the front of the house with light until sunset.

My husband likes B&B; I prefer hotels. This is the perfect meld of the two! I like my coffee in the lounge in the morning while he sleeps in. Most B&Bs don't have room for that....

Waterville is a great place to hang out. Brookhaven is the place to be in Waterville!

Enjoy.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Vagabond-Sue
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Stayed for 3 nights with 2 friends on a golf trip. Our hosts were friendly and hospitable.
The rooms were splendid and the breakfasts were wonderful.
Best b&b in my 4 trips to Ireland. Waterville is a quaint seaside town and this b&b made
the visit memorable.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, but if I'm lucky enough to return, I would stay longer. Our host, Mary, was so hospitable. My husband had a very early tee time (before breakfast was scheduled to begin), so she made a lovely fruit and sandwhich plate for him the night before for him to help himself to before leaving for golf early in the morning. Very nice gesture. Because he took our car to the golf course, my daughter and I had no way to get into town and explore while he golfed. Mary graciously offered to drive us into town, only a 5 minute drive, but much appreciated. She brought us coffee and cakes upon arrival and was lovely to talk with. The room was spacious, comfortable, adorable and very clean. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2017

We stayed here for one night along Ring of Kerry. Our favorite B&B of our whole trip! So comfortable, clean, accommodating. It is a little bit of a drive from town and the beach, but great views. We want to go back and spend a week!

Room tip: Amazing views, quiet, large rooms
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank shmegs
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

The room was absolutely stunning, actually the whole house is. The bed was so comfortable. Staff were amazing and so helpful. Breakfast was great. Will stay again when visiting Waterville. Thank you Mary for a great stay and your help with showing us places to visit.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank gemcshannon21