“Dinner ”

Ranked #8 of 120 Restaurants in Athlone
Price range: US$ 17 - US$ 31
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Hatter's Lane Bistro at Strand Street on Athlone's Leinster shore. Ideally located 3 minutes from the Town Bridge, Radisson, Prince of Wales and Sheraton hotels. The Hollywood themed bistro offers a welcoming cosy atmosphere with open fire, check table clothes, walls adorned with movie star icons. The background music is easy listening typically featuring tunes from Sinatra, Martin, Bennett and the likes... Running in tandem with Gertie Browne's old world award winning pub, Hatters Lane offers the customer a unique and satisfying dining experience and hopefully will continue to serve great food well for years to come...
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here after hearing about it in a local pub. Staff were fantastic and food was great, nice varied menu. Would strongly reccomend. Brought buggy in and was no trouble.

2  Thank Alison M

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

We fell upon this fantastic restaurant by chance, booking it solely on TripAdvisor reviews. Staff were brilliant- so warm + friendly that added to a lovely dining experience . The menu has a great selection of seafood and meat on offer. I had the Prawns pil pil to start and they were sizzling and a great garlic and chilli flavour coming through.My dining partner had the black pudding and potato cake and she also was very impressed. We both had a Cod special served with Orzo and chorizo . For a bistro style restaurant, this was way above what we had expected . It was so tasty and very generous helpings .
My only minor criticism was a small wine list with a limited selection . But overall , a wonderful dining experience

1  Thank Niamh O
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

On many previous occasions in Athlone I have wanted to try this place and finally I got to and was not disappeared.
Terribly atmospheric and warm inside with wood paneling and famous pictures all over the wall.

We were a party of 18 and it was seamless. A wide menu and I had potato cake and black pudding to start and an excellent steak. Also a bottle of very good Rioja at €32 which is good value.

The staff were superb, friendly and professional and nothing was to much trouble, even with 8 kids.

Highly recommend.

1  Thank ArcfireSG
Reviewed 25 January 2018

I haven't visited Hatters Lane in more than 10 years so it was lovely to go there again after such a long time. My friends treated me for birthday meal. The food was absolutely delicious - everything was tasty - starters and main courses. We all cleaned our plates. This place also has a homely, vintage atmosphere which I enjoyed. I would highly recommend this place for evening meal. It is also a part of Gertie Browne Pub which is a very good Irish Pub. So if you don't want to go home straight after meal, go upstairs and enjoy few more drinks!

1  Thank 309ilonam
Reviewed 15 October 2017

A group of four of us went there and the food was great as was the service. Would highly recommend. It was very quiet when we were there but then it was a Wednesday night! We needed separate receipts for our meals and they didn't have any issue dealing with the confusion :-)

1  Thank Yvonne K