“The menu always changes, which is great.”
Review of Bacchus Restaurant

Bacchus Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 120 Restaurants in Athlone
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I often eat at Bacchus because they offer a good representation of Turkish and Middle Eastern food which I love. Although it has to be said I enjoy all styles of cuisine providing it is cooked correctly, presented well and the service is good. All of this applies to Bacchus. I started with the king prawn and squid with a small salad and chilli butter. The squid was perfect and the chilli butter great, ask for some bread though so you can eat all of the sauce. I then had the confit lamb wrapped in filo pastry with a very rich sauce and veg. Fantastic flavour but be warned if you don't like fat as this dish is made using breast of lamb. So much more tasty but not so helpful for the diet! For desert I had the lemon meringue tartlet, Very nice indeed although the description was not correct as there was no pastry base, so it didn't arrive how I expected although it did taste every bit as good as I would want. Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

1  Thank andre b

Reviewed 18 February 2018

We went to celebrate our overdue Valentines celebration and it was worth the 45 min drive.
We ordered the mezze platter ,Moussaka lamb , spaghetti bolognese and the turkish pizza with eggs. The food was in sumptuous quantity and freshly prepared.
The platter is a must try
And at least 4 staff members enquired if we needed anything else and made us feel comfortable.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

The waiter was very friendly, put everyone at ease and was really cool with the children.

I tried two Turkish dish, the Turkish sausage for starters and the Chef special Kebab. Both were absolutely amazing.

The kids enjoyed their pizza and pasta. We had a great time. Very relaxed/casual, yet the food was very special.

Great experience, thanks to the staff, we'll definitely come back :)

1  Thank Clement L
Reviewed 30 January 2018

We were looking for a nice restaurant for our wedding anniversary in Athlone and came across to Bacchus. We were not disappointed. We had lahmacun and spicy tomato meze as a treat, and Ottoman style chicken on Sac tava/pan as a main course. Also Malteser cheesecake as a desert. Ümit and the crew are so nice and polite. Service, cleanliness, atmosphere and of course the food in big portions are absolutely excellent. We highly recommend Bacchus to everyone.

1  Thank Burçin C
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Visited just before Christmas - the food was excellent - the staff were really nice. We had 3 children under 6 with us - the playroom was a big plus - and I had asked for a table beside it so we had great comfort eating. Dishes were very reasonably priced. I am looking forward to going again.

1  Thank Ann O