Sheraton Athlone
Shamrock Lodge Hotel Athlone(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$ 115
Arch House B&B & Apartments(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$ 162
US$ 93
The Prince of Wales Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$ 124
US$ 174
US$ 255
Official Site
2,092 results
All reviewsshopping centreharvest cafetower roomsla provence restaurantdeluxe roomfloor to ceiling windowslovely hotelhotel barcentral locationtop classleisure facilitiesstayed here for two nightsbar foodlovely roomspa treatmentswould highly recommend this hotellast weekend
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I was celebrating a special birthday with some friends and family (all girls). Hotel was convenient for all and price was reasonable. It wasn't my first choice hotel but the aforementioned factors led to us going there. First impressions are fine the hotel was clean and staff were friendly enough. Room was spacious enough but our view was of someones backyard. Gym and swimming pool was good but very busy on a Saturday morning with kids swimming lessons. We ate bar food on the first night - standard was just okay. One of our party had carbonara but it was more a bowl of carbonara sauce with a few bits of pasta thrown in. Hotel website states that residents get a 10% discount for the adjoining shopping centre - discount only works in some shops most of which we wouldn't be interested in. We had a dinner booked for the Saturday evening and in fairness service and attention was good. However the vegetarion options again were very limited and the one person who had the meal was violently ill the rest of the night - again it was just a sauce with a bit of veg thrown in. When I advised reception at checkout their reaction was that there was a stomach bug going around (!) .We then retired to the hotel bar/lobby where there was a muscial entertainment - very loud and couldn't hold a conversation etc while it was going on. Nowhere else to go to chat either. On both nights there were weddings on. Music could be heard in the rooms until early hours of the morning. Also had to request batteries for tv remote 4 times before they were brought up twice. Overall we had a good weekend but that was only because of our group but I wouldn't be returning to the hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Eliza C,

Thank you for your review and for choosing The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

I would like to apologise most sincerely about those aspects of your stay which you have highlighted as unsatisfactory. There are a number of items which I would like to discuss with you as I know that they do not meet our usual standards and I would be most appreciative of the opportunity to identify with you exactly when these lapses occurred so that I can implement immediate training in the systems which are in place for exactly these reasons.

Of particular concern to me is that a member of our team did not take your point about a potential illness caused by our offering. We have a very formal and structured approach to investigating any indication such as this, both to give our guest’s comfort as to how the illness may have been contracted and due to the professional pride we place in the product we offer. If you could contact me here by telephone on 0906451000 or by email on generalmanager@sheratonathlonehotel.com at your earliest convenience I would be very grateful.

Once again my sincerest apologies that you did not enjoy your time with us, I look forward to speaking with you and to hopefully encouraging you to stay with us again so that we can recover your faith in our service.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 3 July 2012

This is a gorgeous luxury hotel - stayed in a club room - it was fabulous. If you want luxury and really good service then this is the hotel for you. Breakfast excellent - really good selection of food and very attentive staff. I highly recommend this hotel - I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear “ArdMhacha”,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you most sincerely for your wonderful review and for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.
The next time you may not have to leave as we are offering some fantastic exclusive rates throughout the summer for guests who choose to extend their stays with us.
I presume by your username that you joined us for the Armagh versus Roscommon game. I would like to wish you hard luck, we currently have the Tyrone team staying with us for Roscommon’s next game but by all accounts we will not be wishing them hard luck when they return to the hotel as they have had a comprehensive victory!
Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Athlone soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

This is a really comfortable hotel with excellent friendly staff and in a great location. I couldn't have hoped for better. I stayed here to take part in a sporting event and got a peaceful nights sleep in a plush bed with lovely pillows! The reception staff are efficient and warm in their manner despite being very busy.
The hotel itself is tastefully decorated and I felt like I was staying somewhere pretty upmarket when I arrived through the lift doors from the free car parking - another perk to this brilliant hotel.
Breakfast was varied and the dining room spacious. Although I didn't eat in the restaurant, it looked to be a popular choice with a good menu.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Dear “Lesmax41”,

I would like to thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay at our hotel and for providing such a wonderful review of your experience with us.

It was a great pleasure to share your feedback with the team here in the hotel, and in particular with Dan and his team on the front desk.

While we are fortunate to have a very well designed and luxuriously appointed hotel, our particular strength which draws the most positive feedback lies in the dedicated and friendly team of management and associates here in The Sheraton. You are very kind to recognize their efforts in such a public forum as Tripadvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Athlone soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

I have stayed at the Sheraton many times now and i find it to be a beautiful warm and welcoming hotel. The staff are always friendly and helpful, can not fault them in anyway. The rooms are always spacious, clean and warm. I always enjoy my stays at this hotel and when staying in Athlone wouldn't choose anywhere else. The only thing is the breakfast room service is only average, it is normally cold to luke warm and on occassion has been missing things we asked for, nothing that would stop me returning however.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I stayed here for a couple of nights with the wife. I'm from the area originally and was back visiting family but decided to stay here for a treat.

Location wise, it is spot on if you're visiting the area. There is secure underground carparking which I think is vital after having suffered my car being keyed before in the town due to the fact it had UK plates on it (which is an unfortunate fact-UK plated cars do tend to get keyed by the local scumbags if it's a decent car).

The hotel staff were lovely and very professional but the rooms were even better-I would gladly stay here again. Very very stylish and trendy with some excellent views of the Shannon and the lakes. We had dinner in the hotel's restaurant on one of the nights and was very impressed with it. The breakfasts were good as well although they could do with some extra staff to deal with hotel guests when it is busy in the morning.

The adjacent shopping centre is quite good as well and has your usual selection of shops (I'm male-that's the best shop description you're going to get from me...).

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the highest floor possible to get some decent views of the Shannon.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Dear “ACD80”,

Thank you for your very kind review of your stay with us and it is great to read that you enjoyed your visit back to Athlone.

I apologise about the drop in our standards in breakfast service during your visit. I have reviewed your feedback with Mark and his team and we have worked to ensure that this does not occur again.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Sheraton Athlone Hotel when you next have the opportunity to return.