“Brittneys Wedding”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Sanford, Maine
“Brittneys Wedding”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

June 23rd 2012 my daugther married an Irish Lad from Athlone and had the reception at the Sheraton Hotel. The experience could not have been better. From the moment we walked into the hotel the service and professionalism were first class. My family could not have been happier. The rooms were very comfortable with myself and my wife being upgraded to the penthouse suite the last two days. As my wife commented, I could get use to this. I want to thank all the staff who made that day special for my daughter and her new husband. Could not have had a better experience.

We enjoyed all our meals from breakfast to the pub food. One of the manages from the pub area was very accomondating as we were a large party. On many occasions he had to re-arrange tables for our party.

The wedding was spectacular with the general manage rolling out the red carpet as we proceeded to the church with a cheer from the pub area.

Would highly recommend this hotel.

Mike from Maine

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gbball
Dear Mike,

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to provide such a positive review of your experience with us following Brittney’s wedding. It was a great pleasure to have welcomed you and your family as well John and his family to the hotel.

It was wonderful for myself and my Deputy Manager, Nigel Canavan, to have the opportunity to have rolled out the red carpet twice on the day for the Bridal Party.Every wedding is unique and it is these little moments that make the event memorable for both ourselves and our brides and grooms.

You have been very kind in your feedback and we are very grateful to both of your families for having chosen The Sheraton Athlone Hotel to celebrate this special occasion.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel when the opportunity arises to return to Ireland and wish you all the best until then.

Sheraton Athlone Hotel
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I was celebrating a special birthday with some friends and family (all girls). Hotel was convenient for all and price was reasonable. It wasn't my first choice hotel but the aforementioned factors led to us going there. First impressions are fine the hotel was clean and staff were friendly enough. Room was spacious enough but our view was of someones backyard. Gym and swimming pool was good but very busy on a Saturday morning with kids swimming lessons. We ate bar food on the first night - standard was just okay. One of our party had carbonara but it was more a bowl of carbonara sauce with a few bits of pasta thrown in. Hotel website states that residents get a 10% discount for the adjoining shopping centre - discount only works in some shops most of which we wouldn't be interested in. We had a dinner booked for the Saturday evening and in fairness service and attention was good. However the vegetarion options again were very limited and the one person who had the meal was violently ill the rest of the night - again it was just a sauce with a bit of veg thrown in. When I advised reception at checkout their reaction was that there was a stomach bug going around (!) .We then retired to the hotel bar/lobby where there was a muscial entertainment - very loud and couldn't hold a conversation etc while it was going on. Nowhere else to go to chat either. On both nights there were weddings on. Music could be heard in the rooms until early hours of the morning. Also had to request batteries for tv remote 4 times before they were brought up twice. Overall we had a good weekend but that was only because of our group but I wouldn't be returning to the hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Eliza C,

Thank you for your review and for choosing The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

I would like to apologise most sincerely about those aspects of your stay which you have highlighted as unsatisfactory. There are a number of items which I would like to discuss with you as I know that they do not meet our usual standards and I would be most appreciative of the opportunity to identify with you exactly when these lapses occurred so that I can implement immediate training in the systems which are in place for exactly these reasons.

Of particular concern to me is that a member of our team did not take your point about a potential illness caused by our offering. We have a very formal and structured approach to investigating any indication such as this, both to give our guest’s comfort as to how the illness may have been contracted and due to the professional pride we place in the product we offer. If you could contact me here by telephone on 0906451000 or by email on generalmanager@sheratonathlonehotel.com at your earliest convenience I would be very grateful.

Once again my sincerest apologies that you did not enjoy your time with us, I look forward to speaking with you and to hopefully encouraging you to stay with us again so that we can recover your faith in our service.

Yours Sincerely

Ireland
Reviewed 3 July 2012

This is a gorgeous luxury hotel - stayed in a club room - it was fabulous. If you want luxury and really good service then this is the hotel for you. Breakfast excellent - really good selection of food and very attentive staff. I highly recommend this hotel - I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear “ArdMhacha”,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you most sincerely for your wonderful review and for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.
The next time you may not have to leave as we are offering some fantastic exclusive rates throughout the summer for guests who choose to extend their stays with us.
I presume by your username that you joined us for the Armagh versus Roscommon game. I would like to wish you hard luck, we currently have the Tyrone team staying with us for Roscommon’s next game but by all accounts we will not be wishing them hard luck when they return to the hotel as they have had a comprehensive victory!
Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Athlone soon.
belfast
Reviewed 1 July 2012

This is a really comfortable hotel with excellent friendly staff and in a great location. I couldn't have hoped for better. I stayed here to take part in a sporting event and got a peaceful nights sleep in a plush bed with lovely pillows! The reception staff are efficient and warm in their manner despite being very busy.
The hotel itself is tastefully decorated and I felt like I was staying somewhere pretty upmarket when I arrived through the lift doors from the free car parking - another perk to this brilliant hotel.
Breakfast was varied and the dining room spacious. Although I didn't eat in the restaurant, it looked to be a popular choice with a good menu.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Dear “Lesmax41”,

I would like to thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay at our hotel and for providing such a wonderful review of your experience with us.

It was a great pleasure to share your feedback with the team here in the hotel, and in particular with Dan and his team on the front desk.

While we are fortunate to have a very well designed and luxuriously appointed hotel, our particular strength which draws the most positive feedback lies in the dedicated and friendly team of management and associates here in The Sheraton. You are very kind to recognize their efforts in such a public forum as Tripadvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Athlone soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I have stayed at the Sheraton many times now and i find it to be a beautiful warm and welcoming hotel. The staff are always friendly and helpful, can not fault them in anyway. The rooms are always spacious, clean and warm. I always enjoy my stays at this hotel and when staying in Athlone wouldn't choose anywhere else. The only thing is the breakfast room service is only average, it is normally cold to luke warm and on occassion has been missing things we asked for, nothing that would stop me returning however.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple