“Awesome views and great people!”

Mountain View Horse Riding Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just outside Doolin village on the outskirts of the Burren. Enjoy fantastic views of the magestic Cliffs of Moher, Aran Islands, Connemara Mountains and Galway Bay on horseback. Gallop along the beach on Ireland's west coast. Caters for everyone from beginner to advanced rider offering treks from 1 to 6 hours long.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome views and great people!”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This was an amazing experience! We saw amazing views of Galway Bay, the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren. We had the pleasure of touring with Peter, the owner of the riding center. He was amazing! Knowledgeable, fun and catered to our pace. It was my Aunt's first time riding in over 20 years and she was slightly nervous at first, but Peter and "Mustache Max" kept her at ease. Peter has a trotting in no time. He also gave us great recommendations for the area. He specifically recommended McGann's for the food, which was AMAZING and so was the music! Overall I would HIGHLY recommend Mountain View, Peter, Max, Shay and Bluebell!

2 Thank crescitelli
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Korean first
Huntsville, Alabama
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“terrific visit”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

beautiful ride with a friendly guide in Peter. very professional and easy. our teenage boys really enjoyed their first ride on a horse and our group of eight had a great time!

3 Thank Kent W
Seymour, Connecticut
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun for whole family of non-riders”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

My wife, three young daughters and I all enjoyed the "hour" long ride. None of us are riders and Peter and his staff made us very comfortable. The horses are very easy going and obviously used to amatuers. The views were awesome and the ride a lifetime memory.

1 Thank billct2
dublin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“fantastic”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

we- me my husband and my 3 year daughter had a gr8 ride for 1 hour with rebecca.I was a bit worried about my little girl,but she enjoyed it more than me and my husband,not at all afraid. The horses even had a pee break during our journey,it was a real fun for my daughter,even after 3 days she just talking about it like a crack of joke.

1 Thank FPp p
Dayton, Ohio
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Terrible Weather but Amazing Guide”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Wife and I did this tour on an overcast/rainy day but she has been wanting to ride for months so I thought we'd roll the dice. Peter greeted us with warm smile and introduced us to our horses, Guinness and Max. We did 2 hour ride which it says is for riders with some experience, but he tailors his rides for anyone, so unexperienced riders just didn't canter with the more experienced. Weather deteriorated soon after leaving and it was soon raining and windy and there were no real views for our trip. However, I know the views of the burren and cliffs were there somewhere. In the dismal conditions Peter's enthusiasm and frequent questions to get to know us better really shone through and made the ride enjoyable. Will return to attempt again on a clear day.

1 Thank John S