“Fabulous food ”

Cuisines: Irish
Description: Family friendly bar & restaurant
Description: Family friendly bar & restaurant
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Have eaten there several times over the years and it's always excellent with wonderful choice and value for money

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff, great food and a wonderful atmosphere. The decor goes well with the hotel and the seats and tables are spaced out with lots of room.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped on my way from Sligo to Waterford for lunch. Carvery in the back was very busy. Nice veg soup, had main course of roast Beef which was excellent. Opted for a coffee after which came with a nice plate of biscuits. All for €15.95. Excellent service as there was plenty of staff on, I counted 10 at least. Must have been 7-8 mains to pick from as well as a sandwich counter. Well worth a visit.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped off in Gort before the Limerick v Mayo and Tipperary v Mayo games. Dad and I had the cod dinner each time because it was absolutely delicious. The cod was fleshy, meaty, fresh and crispy....
The staff are so friendly and helpful. I highly recommend a visit.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 17 June 2018

We were promptly served by two friendly young ladies, and it may be that we ordered just before the kitchen closed but that in itself is not a good enough excuse for poor food quality, even for pub grub which to be fair is what this establishment is offering.
I started with the seafood chowder which was to quite tasty if a little heavy on the smoky fish, but I would order it again.
My companion started with the "barbecue chicken wings" which weren't barbecue at all but rather encased in a hard, heavy, spicy, type batter and served with a sweet chili sauce so the barbecue reference rather eludes me ! the wings were also extremely dry so thank god I didn't order them as a main course which I had considered.
My companion had the baked cod main, a healthy enough option one would assume, the fish appeared as a large portion of nicely cooked cod which was unfortunately swimming in a butter sauce, looking unappetizing and sat very heavy in the stomach, even after being rescued from the sauce it ate every bit as poor as it looked producing a taste of nothing but butter.
I had a chicken caesar salad which was constructed using the incorrect lettuce, which in itself isn't a major issue but was also very wet and limp with some decent bits of chicken but also quite a few grisly bits (and I don't mean dark meat which I like) the bacon lardons were also of questionable quality. This meal also sat very heavily on the stomach and lingered quite a while.
We skipped anything else and wished we'd skipped it all. Maybe they just had a bad day but our experience was not in anyway good, with the exception of the service !
I most definitely would not call again.

Date of visit: June 2018