Mount Juliet Estate Kilkenny
Lyrath Estate(Kilkenny)
US$ 185
US$ 169
Agoda.com
Aspect Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$ 55
US$ 52
Travelocity
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 90/night.

Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
US$ 138
US$ 111
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 123/night.

US$ 104
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 120/night.

Pembroke Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
US$ 189
US$ 137
Agoda.com
US$ 136
US$ 122
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 135/night.

1,138 results
All reviewsthe main houselady helen restaurantmanor househunters yardhorse ridinggolf clubmichelin startasting menuequestrian centrestud farmrose gardenthe rivermount juliet estateafternoon teaold housebeautiful propertybeautiful room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My fiancé and I booked a last minute getaway in Mount Juliet this May and it was everything I wanted and more. Let me say firstly that the service and attention to detail is just impeccable. While we waited for our room to get ready we tried the food at the Hound restaurant. We lunched outside overlooking the golf course with a glass of malbec. [Top tip: try the 3 course lunch special. The servings are just right.] Then we took a quick stroll down by the bridge until our room was ready. There was a wedding on while we stayed there but the property is managed so well we didn't even notice them. Our room was stunning with a very very comfortable bed. After chilling out we visited the pool and then used the complimentary bikes to cycle back to the manor. We booked a table for the Hound restaurant for dinner. The steak was so soft, the parmesan crust house fries were delicious. After a satisfying meal we returned to the bar in the manor house. I had a mojito and a long island iced tea. We relaxed by the window and admired the finer details of the house. We noticed how well kept the place is, even down to the rope on the drapes, everything is clean and neat. The staff must really care about the manor because it shows. If you're a history buff you'll love it. Especially if you're into art. I'll be sending friend who's a costume historian up to Mount Juliet in her best Georgian kit to take some pictures. I finished the night with another glass of red before retiring to my very comfortable gigantic bed. The following morning we had breakfast. I recommend the cinnamon french toast. Also, try the honey. We went for one last cycle through the grounds, my fiancé even befriended a little foal who followed us from behind his fence as we cycled for a bit. On returning, a staff member asked if we'd like to take a cycle as he noticed us looking at the bikes earlier. We thanked him and said that we had just returned. This attention to detail can really add to a stay. Visit for scenery, serenity, relaxation, great food, refreshing drinks, and more importantly, peace and quiet. I will return.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Mount_Juliet, Guest Relations Manager at Mount Juliet Estate Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with us, it sounds like you really made the most of your visit! You must come back soon and try some other activities we offer like falconry, archery, or perhaps even fishing on the River Nore.

Warmest regards,
Mount Juliet Estate Guest Relations

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I had a wonderful time in Hunters yard. Beautifully decorated even though I don't think it's finished. Our room was so comfortable with a big huge bed and stunning views... We had lunch and a little explore down in the Manor house..which was just stunning big huge open fires it was sooo relaxing and our lunch was delicious. We both had treatments in the spa which we both enjoyed (thank you Nikki)... We had dinner that evening in the hound restraunt, again this was delicious as was breakfast the next day. The only problem I had was that I only stayed 1 night.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Good morning,

Thank you so much for your great review, we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit to the Estate. Our staff work hard to create a relaxed and enjoyable environment for guests, so I am happy to see that reflected in your visit. I'll pass along your feedback to Nikki as well as the staff at the Hound Restaurant

I hope you're able to come back next time, hopefully for a few more nights!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2018

We were staying in Kilkenny for a few days and my 6 year old daughter said she would love to try horse riding. I rang/emailed a few places but I found Mount Juliet to be the most helpful.

The lady on reception was very nice to deal with. A special mention to Sarah Jane, the girl who took my daughter on her first riding lesson. She was very friendly and her enthusiasm for horses shone through.

My daughter had a wonderful time, she learned the very basics in a paddock before being taken out for a little trot around the grounds of the estate.

A very enjoyable experience.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Liam J

Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit to the Estate. Our staff work hard to create a relaxed and enjoyable environment for guests. I will certainly share your feedback with the Reception Team, the Equestrian Team, and especially Sarah Jane.

We hope your daughter will join us for another lesson -- perhaps you could join her as well!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

A lovely picturesque estate, with grounds nearly unparreled for bio-diversity of plant life but they don't bill them selves this way. Beautiful horses and cattle being bread (and studded for typically insane prices).
We stayed in the manor house and it was very nice. Our room was not large and had water stains on the wall, paint chipping all over the place, mildew on the floor of the bathroom and no table to sit and eat at. Again the room was not large, and for the price actually very small but even with the criticism it was clean for the most part and the maid service did a great job when we where out. The exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work so it made the room stuffy and uncomfortable after a shower. So, even though it would have been nice to spend more time in the room for our anniversary it was not possible.
The staff were all well trained and did their best to pretend like they didn't know that the guests knew that they knew everyone was the same, bar a willingness to spend an absurd amount of money (the resentment and disgust was apparent with some). Every one seemed to keep this charade up fairly well and it was a bit uncomfortable with the constent fawning from those who were laying it on a bit thick or were not as genuine at being nice or vested in their job.
It is obvious that they are striving to be a 5 star hotel and the property and golf course/country club may get them there. The bar staff (singular for the 3 days we were there) were not competent and treated the guests as if they didn't know the limited number of drinks they had available but they did. Thing is they did not know basic knowledge of what they were serving. Also you were made to quite clearly feel as if you needed to tip certain staff who had maybe not done anything and possible overcharged you.
That mite not be fair as a 1ltr glass bottle of ballygowan at dinner in the lady Helen resteraunt was 6€. So it could be entirely that I was suffering from sticker shock and I did not actually catch being overcharged but staff were reluctant to tell you the price of anything or give receipts if you didn't ask multiple times. A neat trick actually and I think part of their training as the were adept at ignoring questions and trying to change subjects if asked anything they didn't know.
The lady helen resteraunt has a Michelin star. I think this is for the setting mostly because the food while expertly prepared by supremely talented chefs/cooks was an assault to the pallet. Kind of like someone who knows how to paint in Picasso's cubist style but has no instincts to make a good painting/meal. Had we not agreed to pay for the tasting menu I think we would not have eaten the food at all and just left. It was a true waste of money.
The falconry and walks on that part of the estate not take up by golf were very nice; however most places you were asked to keep off the grass

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cookamunga

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Mount Juliet. I am disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your stay, and found the service and food were not to your taste. I hope that you will join us again in the near future and allow us the opportunity to improve your experience.

Warm regards,
Mount Juliet Guest Relations

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Cherry blossom, asters, bluebells everywhere and bright sunlight filtering through frail green beech leaves. This place is just so special. Staff are so friendly and kind, in particular the omnipresent Catherine Lane who just seems to be able to set everything to rights.

Spend an afternoon gazing out the window of the main bar in the Manor House with the river sweeping by and the mares and their foals grazing gently in the distance. It really wouldn’t have mattered what we had to eat but the afternoon teas were first class.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank TheSecretMuncher

Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for your great review, we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit to the Estate. There really is nothing better than a stroll through the Estate when the sun is shining and the flowers are blooming.

Our staff work hard to create a relaxed and enjoyable environment for guests, so I am happy to see that reflected in your visit. We will share your kind words with Catherine!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.