1,218 results
All reviews the main house lady helen restaurant manor house hunters yard horse riding michelin star golf club tasting menu round of golf stud farm equestrian centre rose garden mount juliet estate the river afternoon tea old house beautiful property
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

My partner surprised me with a night away to the beautiful Mount Juliet. On arrival I was blown away with the lovely grounds and breathtaking scenery. Our trip only got better and better from the moment we arrived! Everything from the food to the service was exceptional. Our room looked out over the river and it couldn't have been a nicer view. All staff went above and beyond to make our stay a special one including those in the lady helen, concierge and behind the scenes. A bubbly young accomodation assistant with brown hair called Clionadh was so friendly and recommended great places in Kilkenny for us to go and she wasn't wrong. I would recommend Mount Juliet to anyone who wants a truly relaxing memorable experience. Thanks to all!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank claire e
Christine M, General Manager at Mount Juliet Estate Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

Dear Claire E,

Many thanks for your kind words regarding your experience here at Mount Juliet Estate. It is what our team thrives on delivering to all out guests. We are delighted that Clionadh went above and beyond with recommendations for Kilkenny, we will certainly pass on your thanks. We look forward to welcoming you back to Mount Juliet in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2016

A gift from my sister who has stayed on a number of occasions at Mount Juliet, my husband and I looked forward to our first stay at Mount Juliet Manor House on the night of May 5, 2016 which also included a meal at Lady Helen Restaurant. An expensive package in total.

Having already checked out, and returning from a short cycle down to see the recently born foals frolicking with the mares at approximately 12:30 on May 6, we decided to have a final cafe in the sunshine outside the house when we were abruptly told that we would not be served cafe and that as the house was privately rented for a wedding from 12 noon until 12 noon on May 7, we should have already left the house and would need to do so promptly.

I cannot tell you how shocked we were to hear this. I immediately asked to speak to a manager who pointed to a sign reiterating the arrangement and went as far as to say that if questioned by the wedding party renting the house as to why we were still there, she should be in a compromised position as to explain why. When eventually the Events Manager arrived, he reiterated the same message - that we would need to leave as the other guests 'had paid a lot of money' for this privilege of renting the house.

I was, to put it mildly, outraged as to what I was hearing and the tone in which I was hearing it. Had we stayed in one of the lodges, I might have understood this a little better. But our decision to reside in the house was precisely for the privilege of enjoying not only the room and its service but also the full hospitality of the house and estate into the following afternoon (and not just until 12 noon - the recommended room check-out time).

This policy decision to rent the house privately and continue to accept guests on the previous night without informing them that they would be required to leave the house by noon the following day (thereby giving them the choice to choose a different date) - seems not only inelegant, poor business acumen but also legally questionable. Management simply cannot have it both ways. They simply cannot take the guest's money and then treat them in a humiliating, insulting manner by making them feel like guilty trespassers who should have already scuttled off the grounds to accommodate a more important guest!

When I wrote to Mr Peter Wilson, General Manager to tell him of our shock - he apologised profusely, offered to look into the matter as well as a vague promise of better treatment should we decide to again stay there (the proposal of an upgraded room which is really no different to the type of offer which regularly appears on their website). We find it ridiculous that we should be required to again consume a product in order to be compensated for its inadequate delivery in the first place! If management insists on allowing the house to be privately rented, they should be legally required to either inform guests prior to their reservation of this arrangement OR allow the previous night's guests the courtesy to take their leave slowly and elegantly - which is not only good business acumen (and a right for which they have amply paid) but basic decent hospitality - by delaying the renting of the house until perhaps 16:00. Many guests will have traveled a long distance to visit and relax and will not feel like being shown the door!

My husband and I find My Wilson's empty attempt at an apology to compensate for the appalling level of treatment we encountered there of a very similar tone to the one we were subjected to before leaving - shabby, cheap and inelegant (if not legally unsound) and not worthy of the establishment Mount Juliet is supposed to represent - or perhaps it is intent on moving in a different direction - where money speaks louder than elegance and hospitality?

We are not only disappointed but quite frankly shocked.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
13  Thank JIL000
Reviewed 14 June 2016

From start to finish our stay at Mount Juliet was a delight. Check in was easy, all staff were friendly from front of house, to the driver, to the cleaning staff. The room was very nice, large with a lovely bathroom and comfortable bed. We ate at the Lady Helen restaurant and everything from the Amuse bouche to the Petit Fours was excellent with five star service. Breakfast was also delicious, pastries, cereals, eggs benedict and we were lucky to be seated at the centre window seat overlooking the beautiful estate. The estate itself is gorgeous and we were sorry we were not having a round of golf while there. The only negative about our trip was that we ate at the clubhouse the next afternoon and unfortunately we were served frozen raw chicken wings here which was quite unpleasant- this was handled quite well by the staff but we were still charged for the rest of our meal which I didn't think was appropriate considering I felt very ill after. Overall would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MJandRebecca

Dear MJandRebecca,

Thank you for choosing Mount Juliet, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words. Thank you for the feedback regarding your dining experience in the Clubhouse, I will be discussing with our kitchen team.

Reviewed 11 June 2016

What a beautiful estate. this is not a modern hotel, but certainly of high quality. the estate tour was very special. Had dinner at the The President’s Bar, the service left a lot to be desired. The server never came back to see if we needed anything, which we did.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank RCS55

Dear RC555,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us here at Mount Juliet Estate. The estate tour certainly is an experience. Apologies for the service you experience in the President’s Bar I will be discussing with the team.

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for a night and I wish I was there longer! we stayed in one of their manor house rooms and it was spacious, the bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom great. We enjoyed a swim in their leisure center which also has steam room, sauna, and work out center. We had dinner at the presidents bar with a great view of their golf course. The amenities are wonderful, offering spa services and the staff are friendly and helpful. There are plenty of places to walk around and explore the estate as well. I hope to be back one day and hopefully stay for more than one night!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sidney K

Dear Sidney K,

Many thanks for your kind words regarding your stay, they are truly appreciated by the team. Hopefully we will see you back.