1,997 results
All reviews bell tower knights bar junior suite afternoon tea golf club five star hotel garden room star experience manor house beautiful hotel lovely grounds spa treatments wedding party star service east cork top class nespresso machine
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I recently stayed here with a small group.
First of all let’s say that this Hôtel cosmetically oozes class and style with great bedrooms , restaurants and location but that’s where it stops . It’s not living up to the hype . I have a 5 star Four Seasons Hôtel nearby and they are on the money in every aspect and Castlemartyr could so easily be on that level .
So what’s missing ?
Check in efficient but no offer to take luggage , explain the Hotel or assist in explaining room lighting and facilities . It’s a long walk to the rooms so when the Receptionist points in the direction of the lift you don’t expect a long lonely hike.
We booked a meeting room but there was no interaction from staff.
We all felt fairly anonymous which is a shame.
Some staff were excellent but a few others were fairly abrupt.
Overall very good but some attention to those important extra details are badly needed. They would complete the experience and this Hôtel is not so far away from being perfect

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank RollerCoaster999
GMCastlemartyr, Guest Relations Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for mentioning so many positive aspects of your stay such as our location,our great bedrooms,restaurants,efficient check in and our excellent staff.
I have noted the other aspects of your review where you feel we could improve our service and we will of course take these points on board as we strive for perfection each day to ensure a memorable stay for all our guests.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.Please ask for me on your return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We recently had our twin boys christening in Castlemartyr and yet again we were blown away by the wonderful setting, the great food and the AMAZING STAFF!!! we had our wedding in Castlemartyr a few years ago and thought it would be a great place to return to celebrate the next big chapter in our lives and once again we weren’t disappointed.. the staff were fantastic and ensured each and every one of our guests enjoyed the day as much as we did.. Victor went above and beyond to ensure everything went without a hitch on the day.. we even got a follow up the day after to ensure everything was perfect for us.. NOW THATS WHAT YOU CALL GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE .. it was a fabulous hotel in 2013 food, setting but it really has upped its game if that was possible.. I think this has been done by the amazing staff.. I saw on the way into the hotel it was voted wedding venue of the year 2018... in my opinion not just a wedding venue but the best venue for ANY SPECIAL OCCASION!!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jclynch2018

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review.I am delighted that you and your family had such a wonderful time and that you have such special memories of your wedding day with us.I will be sure to pass on your feedback to all the team especially Victor.
Looking forward to welcoming you back for the next special family occasion.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed in a beautiful suite , looking out onto Gardens a wedding on the lawn when we arrived so lovely to see ,we both had spa treatments done, I had the Lovely Gillian she did FANTASTIC massage so relaxing. Food was lovely had dinner both nights in Bell Tower, had lovly walks in grounds of hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review.I am delighted that you enjoyed your second stay with us and that you enjoyed all of our facilities especially our ESPA Spa.
Looking forward to welcoming you back for your third stay with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed one night on a spur of the moment night away, we have been here many times but have never stayed, we have a toddler and we were a bit unsure if there was enough to keep him occupied. We were so suprised how child friendly this hotel is, there’s loads of space for playing from the gardens to the large hallways to the rooms with all the animal statues and the kids playroom is great also. Staff are great and really friendly, food also top notch. One of the best hotels we have stayed in and it’s on our doorstep can’t wait to get the chance to stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Elchappo16

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review.I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel that Castlemartyr Resort is one of the best hotels you have stayed in.
I will be sure to pass on your feedback to all the team.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having heard rave reviews from many people who stayed at Castlemartyr, although none recently, I confidently booked 3 nights. The hotel was booked so I booked their 2 bedroom self catering 'Walled Garden Lodge'. The price was surprisingly reasonable for a five star resort. On the positive side, the grounds are beautiful and well maintained for the most part (exception- lights between the lodges and the hotel were all knocked over and had not been repaired). Golf course looks amazing although we didn't try it. The garden lodges are spacious and well laid out, great if you have small kids, the resort laid on some essentials, bread, milk, cheese etc which is a nice touch. A couple of observations about the stay overall, the resort is neglected and in need of some serious TLC, see attached pictures. The spa area is borderline dirty, moss was evident under the plastic mats surrounding the pool. Sun lounger cushions are badly stained. Sofas are torn. Club house carpet is filthy. The hotel is severely understaffed. We attempted to have a drink at the patio area outside the Knights Bar, literally every table had dirty glasses and ashtrays. We cleared a table for ourselves and waited 20 minutes to be served, no one arrived, we proceeded to the bar to order for ourselves. In the hotel there is no one to help with bags. We ate at the Bell Tower restaurant, food was fine, service was very friendly, the meal was not well paced. We had 3 courses an aperitif and coffee in just over an hour. I went to the Gym on one occasion, I attempted to buy a bottle of water before going, I waited 5 minutes as the reception was unmanned (I later learned the receptionist was giving a class), a lady arrived from the spa, I gave her my lodge number and was told she didn't have me in the system, I requested her to call reception which she did and mentioned, oh the system is down. I made my feelings regarding the stay known to management and Mr Sheehan kindly comped us a bottle of wine. I do need to be honest though about our stay in was highly disappointing, even if the price was not exorbitant when a hotel has a 5 star label, expectations are at that level. Castlemartyr falls way short of the required level.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review.I am delighted to read that you found our self catering lodges to be such good value as well as "well laid out and and spacious".I was delighted also to have the opportunity to discuss and address the issues you mentioned promptly with you while you were here with us as I feel the personal aspect of dealing with feedback is very important and is part of the ethos of how much we care about our guests experience,
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.