2,025 results
All reviews bell tower knights bar junior suite golf club afternoon tea garden room star experience pure luxury manor house beautiful hotel spa treatments lovely grounds wedding party east cork top class nespresso machine wedding reception
Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

I visited the resort today, had 2 spa treatments and spent some time in the relaxation area. It was a most restful and rejuvenating experience. I had a massage and facial. Prior to both the therapist explained the treatments and questioned me to ascertain my needs and expectations. The massage was heavenly. The facial was fantastic. It made a visible difference and the advice I received was very much needed and will be applied!
The hotel staff in general were outstanding. Most notably Trevor, Martin and Monika gave a professional, gentle and most friendly service.
I would highly recommend Castlemartyr Resort as a treat day to any lady!!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank MMaher7
GMCastlemartyr, General Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2015

Dear MMaher7,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your Spa experience and that you found our staff to be "outstanding".

Warmest regards,

Cathal and the Castlemartyr team.

Cathal Lynch

Reviewed 8 November 2015

Headed down to Castlemartyr to meet up with and spend the night with some old friends Looking forward to staying in a 5 star hotel but from the get go we soon discovered this was no 5 star performance. Big hotel with very nice rooms - you need to be in the full of your health to get to the rooms as they are a good 5 mins walk from reception.What was wrong ? The service was certainly not 5 star particularly in the bar area. We eat in the Italian restaurant and it was disappointing but at least here the staff were on the ball but the food certainly was not. A number of us had steak and to a person they were all poor.
At check out the hotel certainly had 5 Star pricing (€400 for the night ) but I felt let down and it won't be on my list of return hotels.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Boatman27
GMCastlemartyr, Guest Relations Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2015

Dear Boatman27,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay and for choosing Castlemartyr resort as a location to meet your friends.

Feedback is important to me and allows me to put corrective procedures in place where necessary.

I have noted all your comments and I will be investigating each one.

I am happy to read that you found the rooms to be "nice" and that the service in the Italian restaurant was to your liking.

I would like to think that you will reconsider returning and if so please ask for me as I would like to welcome you personally to the Resort and ensure that you receive our usual five star service experience.

Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

We stayed for two nights (Friday & Saturday) Great hotel, fantastic bedrooms...probably the best hotel bedrooms in Ireland. Sure they are a walk away from reception but by building a wing to hold most of the bedrooms it has meant that a guest gets a large bedroom, walk in wardrobe, and a large bathroom.

The grounds are well worth exploring on foot and the spa is fabulous. Both my wife and I had treatments and the staff were both friendly and knowledgeable.

We dined in the Bell Tower restaurant one evening and the food was of a high standard and the service was good.

Breakfast both mornings was equally good.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Paul S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your liking.

Warmest regards,
Trevor and the Castlemartyr resort team.

Reviewed 6 November 2015

checked in on Sunday for 3 nights with 9 month old baby and our little dog. We stayed in room 15 which has a sunken garden and ideal for people with dogs. The room was surprisingly large as we brought our own Travel cot and had the usual bottle making machines and toys to keep the little one occupied. We used the pool every day and Jamie at Reception in the Leisure centre had a smile for us every morning. My wife used the Spa and had a lovely 90 mins of bliss and used the chill out area afterwards. We ate in Francin's , the Golf Clubhouse and in the Bar and food was reasonably priced and they made up food for the little one each time. Overall a lovely experience and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
GMCastlemartyr, Guest Relations Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Dear noel1968swimming,

Thank you for writing such a nice review.

I am delighted to read that you had such a wonderful stay and that you and your family found everything to your satisfaction.

Warmest regards,
Trevor and all the Castlemartyr resort team.

Reviewed 5 November 2015

Stopped for lunch having driving specially from Waterford. heard loads of good things and wanted to see for ourselves. found service to be slow unfriendly and food was over priced and anything but value for money. the décor is tired and generally unkept. there was a fleet of baby chairs along the wall like you see and the golden arches. If your not having overpriced afternoon tea don't come for lunch. Soup was served in a very small bowl, salad was served it seemed directly from a bag with a shot of oil, waiter forgot to bring coffees but still tried to charge for them. I'd say a good learning for us to avoid until it is under new management.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IrishBakersboy
GMCastlemartyr, Guest Relations Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2015

Dear IrishBakersboy,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review.

I am extremely disappointed and surprised to read that we did not meet our usual high standard of service and food.The majority of our reviews are five star.

Feed back is very important to me and as a result of your review I will be investigating each of your comments and implementing corrective training or procedures if necessary.

Once again thank you for such valuable feedback and please ask for me on your next visit as I would like to ensure that you experience our usual high standards that I pride myself on throughtout the Resort.

Guest Relations Manager.