1,997 results
All reviews bell tower knights bar junior suite afternoon tea golf club five star hotel garden room star experience manor house beautiful hotel lovely grounds spa treatments wedding party star service east cork top class nespresso machine
Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

We stayed for two nights (Friday & Saturday) Great hotel, fantastic bedrooms...probably the best hotel bedrooms in Ireland. Sure they are a walk away from reception but by building a wing to hold most of the bedrooms it has meant that a guest gets a large bedroom, walk in wardrobe, and a large bathroom.

The grounds are well worth exploring on foot and the spa is fabulous. Both my wife and I had treatments and the staff were both friendly and knowledgeable.

We dined in the Bell Tower restaurant one evening and the food was of a high standard and the service was good.

Breakfast both mornings was equally good.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
GMCastlemartyr, Guest Relations Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2015

Dear Paul S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your liking.

Warmest regards,
Trevor and the Castlemartyr resort team.

Reviewed 6 November 2015

checked in on Sunday for 3 nights with 9 month old baby and our little dog. We stayed in room 15 which has a sunken garden and ideal for people with dogs. The room was surprisingly large as we brought our own Travel cot and had the usual bottle making machines and toys to keep the little one occupied. We used the pool every day and Jamie at Reception in the Leisure centre had a smile for us every morning. My wife used the Spa and had a lovely 90 mins of bliss and used the chill out area afterwards. We ate in Francin's , the Golf Clubhouse and in the Bar and food was reasonably priced and they made up food for the little one each time. Overall a lovely experience and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
GMCastlemartyr, Guest Relations Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Dear noel1968swimming,

Thank you for writing such a nice review.

I am delighted to read that you had such a wonderful stay and that you and your family found everything to your satisfaction.

Warmest regards,
Trevor and all the Castlemartyr resort team.

Reviewed 5 November 2015

Stopped for lunch having driving specially from Waterford. heard loads of good things and wanted to see for ourselves. found service to be slow unfriendly and food was over priced and anything but value for money. the décor is tired and generally unkept. there was a fleet of baby chairs along the wall like you see and the golden arches. If your not having overpriced afternoon tea don't come for lunch. Soup was served in a very small bowl, salad was served it seemed directly from a bag with a shot of oil, waiter forgot to bring coffees but still tried to charge for them. I'd say a good learning for us to avoid until it is under new management.

2  Thank IrishBakersboy
GMCastlemartyr, Guest Relations Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2015

Dear IrishBakersboy,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review.

I am extremely disappointed and surprised to read that we did not meet our usual high standard of service and food.The majority of our reviews are five star.

Feed back is very important to me and as a result of your review I will be investigating each of your comments and implementing corrective training or procedures if necessary.

Once again thank you for such valuable feedback and please ask for me on your next visit as I would like to ensure that you experience our usual high standards that I pride myself on throughtout the Resort.

Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

Our entire stay was top class from start to finish. The bar food was lovely, the reception staff were very helpful and welcoming, we had a lovely decorated plate saying happy anniversary when we went into the room which had been upgraded which was an amazing surprise. We were so grateful and it made our anniversary extremely memorable. The bell tower restaurant food was excellent and the waiting staff were lovely. We just had an amazing stay and are extremely grateful. Thank you, we will be returning.

1  Thank Philip B
GMCastlemartyr, Guest Relations Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2015

Dear Philip B,

Thank you for choosing Castlemartyr Resort to celebrate your wedding anniversary.

I am delighted to read that we made your stay so memorable.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to all the team especially Kevin Burke our head chef.

Looking forward to welcoming you for your return visit.

Warmest regards,
Trevor and all the team.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

We stayed at this wonderful hotel a few weeks ago. From the minute we stepped through the door the atmosphere was wonderful. The staff couldn't have been nicer, the standard rooms felt like superior, the food was really lovely. I would highly recommend it

1  Thank Donna71ath

Dear Donna71ath,

Thank you for your five star review.

I am delighted to read that you had a " wonderful experience" and that you found everything to your liking.

Warmest regards,

Trevor and all the Castlemartyr team.