1,999 results
All reviews bell tower knights bar junior suite afternoon tea golf club five star hotel garden room star experience manor house beautiful hotel lovely grounds spa treatments wedding party star service east cork top class nespresso machine
Reviewed 5 November 2015

Stopped for lunch having driving specially from Waterford. heard loads of good things and wanted to see for ourselves. found service to be slow unfriendly and food was over priced and anything but value for money. the décor is tired and generally unkept. there was a fleet of baby chairs along the wall like you see and the golden arches. If your not having overpriced afternoon tea don't come for lunch. Soup was served in a very small bowl, salad was served it seemed directly from a bag with a shot of oil, waiter forgot to bring coffees but still tried to charge for them. I'd say a good learning for us to avoid until it is under new management.

2  Thank IrishBakersboy
GMCastlemartyr, Guest Relations Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2015

Dear IrishBakersboy,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review.

I am extremely disappointed and surprised to read that we did not meet our usual high standard of service and food.The majority of our reviews are five star.

Feed back is very important to me and as a result of your review I will be investigating each of your comments and implementing corrective training or procedures if necessary.

Once again thank you for such valuable feedback and please ask for me on your next visit as I would like to ensure that you experience our usual high standards that I pride myself on throughtout the Resort.

Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

Our entire stay was top class from start to finish. The bar food was lovely, the reception staff were very helpful and welcoming, we had a lovely decorated plate saying happy anniversary when we went into the room which had been upgraded which was an amazing surprise. We were so grateful and it made our anniversary extremely memorable. The bell tower restaurant food was excellent and the waiting staff were lovely. We just had an amazing stay and are extremely grateful. Thank you, we will be returning.

1  Thank Philip B
GMCastlemartyr, Guest Relations Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2015

Dear Philip B,

Thank you for choosing Castlemartyr Resort to celebrate your wedding anniversary.

I am delighted to read that we made your stay so memorable.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to all the team especially Kevin Burke our head chef.

Looking forward to welcoming you for your return visit.

Warmest regards,
Trevor and all the team.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

We stayed at this wonderful hotel a few weeks ago. From the minute we stepped through the door the atmosphere was wonderful. The staff couldn't have been nicer, the standard rooms felt like superior, the food was really lovely. I would highly recommend it

1  Thank Donna71ath

Dear Donna71ath,

Thank you for your five star review.

I am delighted to read that you had a " wonderful experience" and that you found everything to your liking.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to all the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere staff were lovely could have more savoury on plate but a lovely experience we sat outside and had drinks then we spent hours there in lovely lounge in front of a big fire some used leisure centre before our afternoon tea fabulous gardens at the rear

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Margaret P

Dear Margaret P,

Thank you for such a nice review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our afternoon tea and that you had a " lovely experience".

I have noted all your comments and I will be sure to pass them on to the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 October 2015

From the moment we stepped across the door, to our departure, everything was excellent from the attentive, professional ,friendly staff, to the fantastic meals, in the different restaurants. The breakfast had a great varied menu, all tasty and fresh.
The bedroom was so luxurious, with a big comfy bed, and lovely furnishings.
The grounds are a delight to explore, so well maintained, All in all a great hotel, will be back!

Room Tip: perhaps a front of house view
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jayGalway

Dear JayGalway,

Thank you for your five star review.

I am delighted to read that you had such a nice stay and that everything was to your liking.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to all the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Guest relations Manager.