We stayed at the Bella Vista this last bank holiday weekend for just one night Sun/Mon. We had been to Cobh back in 2006 - that year we stayed at the Water's Edge and had a great time in both the hotel and Cobh. We were a bit apprehensive as it was a last minute booking on a bank holiday Saturday. Spoke with Katherine, the manager, on the phone who was extremely nice and helpful. I just knew immediately we would be well looked after. She even said we could have have a self catering room with a balcony view of the harbour - a free of charge upgrade. And we were not disappointed. The hotel is a lovely family run affair; the owner and staff cannot do enough for you. And the hotel lives up to its name - Beautiful View.
The hotel is just a five minute short walk to the heart of Cobh. You can even take two different routes - to the right as you walk out of the hotel takes you by a terrace with eight Victorian houses to your left; one of which was owned by the White Star Line (Titanic). Take the left on exiting the hotel and you can pass the famous "deck of cards" multi-coloured houses as you walk down the steep hill.
Cobh is all abuzz with the Titanic 100 year commemoration in April. The hotel room was lovely; the bedroom area was a bit dated but fine. Bathroom was modern and excellent and the sitting room area with kitchen was also modern and excellent. The only thing that did not work was the TV. The book claimed multi-channels but we could only get three of four local ones. Not a problem for us as we were only one night. The bar is really cosy and excellent for a late night drink. Breakfast was good and plenty of it. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just as its name indicates, the Bella Vista Hotel & Self Catering Suites offers a choice of accommodations: Whether you choose one of the traditional guest rooms or a more spacious apartment, you will be treated to excellent service and quality amenities.On the property are such world-class facilities as a gourmet restaurant with a lovely bar. complimentary WiFi Internet access and private parking also come standard at this holiday destination.These and other excellent perks are located in the heart of picture-perfect Cobh, County Cork. The peaceful harbor town is full of unique landmarks and acres of untouched majesty. The sights and sounds of the bustling town centre are a 3-minute walk away, and the residential street on which the hotel stands is tranquil. Here, guests are invited to let the cares of daily life slip away while they unwind in beauty and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Bella Vista Hotel & Self Catering Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bella Vista Hotel And Self Catering Suites
- Bella Vista Hotel & Self Catering Cobh