“Everything a B&B should be, and more, wished we could have stayed longer.”
Review of Ardeen B&B

Ardeen B&B
Ranked #9 of 13 Cobh B&B and Inns
Rugby
“Everything a B&B should be, and more, wished we could have stayed longer.”
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Tracy is a warm hostess who keeps a spotless welcoming home and really cares for her guests. My daughter and I loved our attic room with a view of the harbour. We didn't mind the squish. Tthe room had character and charm, and was immaculately clean with a lovely bathroom. Breakfast was delicious and copius in a homely and unhurried atmosphere. All served on lovely unique Irish made pottery plates, cups etc, with a 'proper pot' of tea that was continually topped up. Tracy has time for everyone and takes care to see every guest off personally, she truly has a natural way of making her guests feel special.

• Stayed July 2010
aoibhinnmcgee, Owner at Ardeen B&B, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Hello there Florrie Rugby, I just wanted to let you know that I am the new proprietor of Ardeen B&B Cobh and would be delighted to have you back anytime - I plan to be open by 1st May 2012. Hope to see you soon. Thank you for your lovely review on TA.
Aoibhinn McGee
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 15 April 2010

Spent one night here with my mother. Tracy is a very gracious hostess. Loved the tea and biscuits in the lounge upon our arrival. Got the last room in the house (Thursday of Easter weekend and I booked a month in advance!) on the top floor.

Room had two single beds and no view, but I knew that going in. Spent most of our time in the lounge anyway. Rooms at front of the house do have nice views.

Bathroom was quite wee, but clean and ensuite. Hairdryer in our room not working and I neglected to mention it before we departed.

Breakfast was delicious. She was gracious enough to fill my flask with hot water for tea later in the day.

Location is convienient. Short walk to Cathedral and pubs/restaurants. Waterside just down the hill. Nice walk and it's not that steep!

Parking is on-street.

Suggest a visit to the Queenstown Story Museum while you're in town as well as the Titanic Trail walk.

Lovely seaside town and I want to go back.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank dangrad
aoibhinnmcgee, Owner at Ardeen B&B, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Hello there, I just wanted to let you know that I am the new proprietor of Ardeen B&B Cobh and would be delighted to have you back anytime - I plan to be open by 1st May 2012. Hope to see you soon. Thank you for your lovely review on TA.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 December 2009

We stayed at Ardeen B&B in Cobh, Co. Cork last night, on our second of seven nights travelling throughout Ireland. I had passed through Cobh several times on past trips, but never had an opportunity to stay the night. I am REALLY glad we did. Tracy has an absolutely beautiful, cozy, and "homey" home. I wish we had more time to spend in Cobh, as I would definitely have stayed longer than one night.

Our room had an incredible view overlooking the harbor, was beautifully decorated, and had a very nice bathroom. The views upon waking up were breathtaking sunrise vistas on the water.

Our breakfasts were fantastic, (the coffee was terrific, by the way), and Tracy was very warm and welcoming. There is no question about it; I will most definitely be making a point of staying here again on a future trip to the south of Ireland.

Thank you VERY much, Tracy.

Richard Spatafora

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
St. Augustine, FL
Reviewed 28 February 2009

My husband and I stayed here on our trip to Ireland. Lots of stairs, so be warned. The house is 200 years old and retains its charm. Tracy is a delightful hostess who works hard to please! Parking is dicey, but worth the hassle! We had a very nice time. Very clean, breakfast was great.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 August 2008

It was our first time in Ireland (Night #4) and we got hopelessy lost on our way to Cork, then in the city itself. Our GPS system led us astray and we could never figure out how to get out of the maze it created. It was past check-in time before we found a phone in a convenience store, and were mortified to discover that Cobh is a local call from Cork. We were completely turned around and thought we were at least 90 minutes away, only to discover it was 15 minutes from where we were standing!

We felt like idiots and called Tracy to apologize and to explain we were lost. We never assumed she would hold the rooms, and really just called to apologize for not making it. She could not have been more kind, and we were both surprised and delighted that our rooms were still free. She greeted us with a warm welcome, offering coffee and tea, carried luggage upstairs for us, and did everything to make us feel welcome and comfortable. Thank you Tracy!

We will return to Ardeen -- it's located with breathtaking views of the Harbor from the living room and one of the rooms we rented (we had 3 rooms). The cathedral is down the street, and waterfront in walking distance. The B&B itself is in a building over 200 years old, and has been a B&B or boarding house for 100 years or so. I would recommend this to anyone, and would go out of my way in Ireland to stay in Cobh.

• Liked — The gracious hostess and the spectacular views of the harbor.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Chillardo
Aoibhinn McGee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobh
Commodore Hotel
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork
Centre
Clayton Hotel Cork City

Been to Ardeen B&B? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK