“Boring”

US$ 15.63*
and up
Titanic Trail Guided Walking Tour Cobh
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I love walking tours. I have been on several from around the world. I booked this tour for 5 adults (aged 30-65) and we were very disappointed. First off- we did not get Michael the tour guide that everyone raved about.

I booked online and when I arrived at the Commodore Hotel meeting spot the guide Trevor had no list to check our party off on. I never received a confirmation email, even after I contacted them for a ticket number, etc. Luckily, they took our word for it and we were off. Trevor was very hard to hear. He had a hand held microphone that plugged into a megaphone, but with over 40 people on the tour it was very tough to hear. Plus we were there on the 100th weekend of the Titanic and the coast guard helicopters were loud. We decided to stand closer to Trevor to listen. Sadly, the words and his monotone voice (like he was reading a cue card) left us looking around more than paying attention to what he was saying. We visited about 2 blocks of “key places” of interest on the tour and bailed. The whole group I was in was disappointed in the lackluster tour and the minimal story telling efforts. We left about 15minutes into the 45minute tour and glad we didn't waste more time.

I feel bad asking for my money back since we did attend the first 15mins of the tour, but I feel good enough to let everyone know that if you don't have Michael the tour will be a bust.

3  Thank Kathryn R
TitanicCobh, Owner at The Titanic Trail, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

I was sorry to hear that your tour was interupted by the noise of the helicopters during the search and rescue display on in Cobh that day. After 10 or 15 miutes all the noise died down and the other 27 or so participants really enjoyed the tour and Trevor's delivery of the information. Some of them remarked that the helicopter excercise added to their overall enjoyment in the town on the day.
Michael

in 8 reviews
"aideen"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 24 April 2012

We took this tour with Pat. He was very informative. However, it is not worth the € 25 per couple. We have gotten much more for our money on other tours of Ireland. Also, the pamphlet they hawk for € 7.50 was equally overpriced. It should have been included in the price of the tour.

2  Thank Paul K
Reviewed 19 April 2012

What a wonderful place to be during the centurial Titanic celebrations. We took the Titanic trail and found it very moving. We were also able to due to the time of our vacation enjoy some of the wonderful events and activities on in this area. A truly memorable visit.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

The town of cobh is adorable. Positive reviews of this tour were the whole reason I went there and I'm so glad I did.

Emigration is such a huge part of Irish history and this tour is the perfect way to learn about that.

Michael knows everything about the titanic and is really friendly. He even arranged a special tour for me after I missed the scheduled one when my car broke down. I highly recommend.