“Late for lunch”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2016

visited for lunch but just missed it by a minute, I reckoned so the whole lunch menu suddenly disappears ( we were disappointed as we've eaten here a number times and enjoyed the lunch. In any case we mixed and matched with other options from bar menu and were happy with what we ordered. Mushroom soup was good as was the accompanying brown bread (from "Jacks" bakery across road). toasted sandwiches were tasty and the Bianconi surprise was an eclectic cold platter of meats, fisn, pate,egg and salad - it was delicious and could have fed two.
Overall quite happy but have to admit most restaurants I've visited are a bit more flexible with time for ending lunch menu (even if not everything on lunch menu was still available)

Reviewed 18 August 2016

I had the roast duck and it was so moist and juicy - very tasty indeed, followed by the equally as tasty sticky sponge pudding. The service was great and the atmosphere was really lovely and relaxed. I'm visiting Killorglin again soon and I plan to eat here again. Can't wait.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

We dropped in for lunch during the puck fair. Appalling! There was a limited menu. The beef sandwich I ordered was bland and there was not much there. I think the cost was 4.50 Euros. Not worth 2 euros, I'm afraid. Barely fit for a school packed lunch. The Guinness was fine though.

1  Thank NesbittUK75
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Didn't have high hopes as there was a limited menu due to Puck Fair being on but boy was I wrong. Ordered the Tralee Ham salad and this was waaaay more than just a ham salad. Loads of variety and really tasty all served up with soda bread. If that's the simple menu I'll be back on my next visit for sure! Lovely friendly staff too.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

We had the cold seafood platter to share for our lunch with a glass of the excellent Spanish Rueda White wine which my better half said was delicious.
The seafood platter is superb comprising of mackerel, crab, salmon smoked and grilled, the freshest mussels we have had in years and topped off with a fantastic oyster. With this was home made soda bread and we had coffee's to finish what was a fabulous lunch.

Can't wait to return!