“Gerald Thornhill”

The Sheridan Bar
Ranked #9 of 32 Restaurants in Shannon
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Just string in this bar at the moment awaiting a flight. As airport bars go there is nothing exceptional about this place but for one thing. THE STAFF.. I have travelled to a lot of places and frequented lots of airports but have never encountered such pleasant helpful and happy staff. Take a bow. Fantastic service. The best ever

Date of visit: March 2018
4  Thank gerthornhill

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I went up to the bar. The one person on duty walked right passed me and ignored me. Later she served three people who came after me. Claims didn’t see me. Seemed to think this a reasonable excuse. No concept of being aware of you customers or looking to see who needs serving. She did comp me a drink by way of grudging apology. Food was OK but not up to pre-revamp standards. This used to be a nice place to wait for your flight - shame to see it go so far downhill. Take a packed meal next time you fly via Shannon, trust me.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank tim_mcmahon
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

I have always when traveling found eating at airports too expensive and when I have I have been disappointed in the quality of the food offered. So, invariably, I’ll buy the ‘Meal Deal’ on offer at the various airside outlets and eat it in the plane.

Today, however, I arrived at Shannon Airport a few too many hours before my flight. I looked at what food outlets were available airside and besides WH Smith ‘Meal Deal’ or the ‘healthy’ Zest cafe gnocchi coffee), there is only one other choice, The Sheridan Bar.

I looked at the menu and was instantly impressed with the range on offer not too extensive but options for most tastebuds (burgers, pizza, fish, chicken or some simple nachos) and a range of prices to suit most budgets.

What the hell, I thought, let’s eat!

I opted for the Baked Skins with bacon, cheese and sour cream, as a starter. Followed by the slow cooked pork belly with roasted carrots, mustard mash and jus.

I ordered two courses as I knew that just having one would not be enough.

How wrong was I?

I was served three baked skins with filling, a mountain of side salad and a whole pot of sour cream. The size of the portion was incredible. Forget it being a starter this was a main meal on its own.

It was delicious and for the cost of €6.00, wonderfully priced. I devoured these and began worrying about the main and whether I’d left enough room.

The simple answer was no!

A mountain of food followed (see picture), and this too was stunningly presented and wonderfully tasteful.

The combination of flavours, texture and tastes was too good to leave and all thought of struggling was put to one side as every mouthful became a welcome treat.

Two courses and a pint of Guinness came to €26.00, I appreciate this is beyond most people’s budgets but just one of these on their own is worth every penny, sorry, cent.

I rarely have a need to fly into or out from Shannon but if I could I would and simply to savour the other menu options.

Let me state, I would gladly fly into Shannon and Limerick and Clare Counties again to sample and experience the wonderful people and their hospitality and not just to solely try a few extra dishes at The Sheridan Bar!

Based upon my experience today, I would highly recommend on your return trip getting to Shannon Airport early and treating yourself to a satisfying and delicious starter or main course or, like me, both.

I have seen other dishes arriving at people’s tables and the quality, presentation and size of the portions confirm that my first class dining experience was not a one off.

1  Thank Footlooser
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Just to let anyone know that since this photo was taken this bar has undergone a major up-grade.The food and drink are pretty much the same but the surroundings are different.Nothing really to criticize nor commend.It's an airport departure lounge open when you need it.Can't complain as it's what to expect

1  Thank norandrobbo
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

With a early flight to fuerteventura, had a lovely breakfast and coffee, cnt ask for anymore, staff were friendly and helpful, great craic,