“Rude staff”
Review of JJ Ruddles

JJ Ruddles
Ranked #12 of 32 Restaurants in Shannon
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Stopped here one morning with friends, looks inviting and clean. When we lined up to get breakfast the que was big and it was busy. Fair enough we didn't mind, we had time to spare. When it came to ordering food I asked the server (man) 40+ would he mind passing me a tray as I never realised you had to get one. He looked at me and said "You want me to get it for you?" In a sarcastic tone and started laughing. I think this was rude and very unacceptable at all costs. Anyways he passed me the tray and ordered, I ordered my food and also ordered a coffee.As the que was moving down along the breakfast bar, I ended up at the till with still no sign of coffee. The women at the counter asked me what I had ordered and I said the breakfast + coffee. So she added it up and took my money. The man seen me at the till and told me he would drop the coffee down to me and sure as his word. The coffee was never to be seen. I left with no coffee even though it was paid in advance I was too embarrassed to go back to the counter for my coffee as it was very busy and I felt intimidated by the guy. I was left feeling taken back as i work in a busy cafe at home (boston) and i would always greet customers mannerly and with a smile. My standards where not met. Moral is avoid if you can. Plus side breakfast was nice. Place is nice and comfortable and inviting. Shannon Airport is easy and efficient and the staff are extremely helpful.

Date of visit: August 2018
3  Thank lairenn2018

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Stopped here for a bite to eat and we both had the chicken wings. Very tasty and lovely staff. Only one thing I would comment on is if you are having the chicken wings make sure you ask for the sauce on the side because my husband had the hot sauce which he assumed was on the side but it was poured over the wings and was far too hot so he couldn't eat it. We had to order more. Otherwise a lovely establishment and really helpful staff. Time Shannon had a good eating place . We would definitely return.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 12 October 2018

Shannon so DESPERATELY needed a new food venue outside of departures lounge and I was so looking forward to eating here. Everything is new and well designed, the staff are friendly and helpful. The big let down was the food. I ordered chicken wings with dips and was very disappointed that they were not freshly cooked - oh yes, you can tell! - had a massively thick coating of batter which was not spicy in any way and was quite hard. Was worried I might lose a filling or a tooth! The blue/cream cheese dip was really yummy but the hot sauce tasted "off" - there was a really strange tang to it that I've never tasted before so left most of it. The chicken was DEFINITELY yesterday's and by the speed of delivery, there is NO WAY it could have been fresh cooked anyway. Such a shame, since compared to the tired, old cafe that was on the other side the hall, it looked so inviting and promised so much. Since I travel in and out of Shannon every month, I was hoping that this would be a wonderful addition - sadly not.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 9 October 2018

Lots of hot and cold food choices, freshly cooked. Very efficient service. Ok prices too. Outside seating area is delightful.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We were so surprised (in the best way possible) by JJ Ruddles. We had a long day of air travel ahead of us and were looking for good food!

We had the charcuterie board (note that picture is the 1 person serving), the burrata cheese, and the roasted veggies and chicken. The food was excellent! The service is great. They have a nice wine and beer selection as well.

Date of visit: September 2018