1,242 results
All reviews junior suite beef four poster bed ham lovely hotel dressing room old world hotel restaurant breakfast and dinner beautiful village old style large room top class comfortable rooms wedding reception leisure centre function room
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I was in Adare for a wedding on the August Bank holiday weekend in August 2010. We spent the first night, in Adare Manor and the second in the Dunraven Arms for reasons of economy/maximising one's finacial resources!
The first thing that I am interested in in a hotel, is the quality of the reception I get. The way I see it is that I am bring precious business to an area that depends on tourism and I expect to be treated very well as a paying customer. The Dunraven Arms receptionists could not have been nicer (in stark contrast to the receptionist in Adare Manor who was cold and rude and had an arguement with the house keeping staff in my presence when my room was not ready upon arrival). Getting a welcome right is very important, it makes the customer feel appreciated and is something that I do not think is that difficult and should come fairly naturally to an Irish person. The welcome that I received at the Dunraven Arms came across as genuine and warm so well done Dunraven Arms on this front!

The room was a little small, but the hotel is a lovely property and is full of character. The breakfast was lovely and once again, the waiting staff were very corteous.
All in all, I am sorry I did not spend both nights here as the experience and the value was much superior to my experience at the much vaunted Adare Manor across the road!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank savod
Reviewed 31 July 2010

I don't normally post reviews as I travel a lot and don't have time . However I have acknowledge the top class personal service at every level. Not only was I impressed but so were all my colleagues. If you are looking for something to remember then this is the place - excellent food, service and rooms are first rate.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank sualann
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I have been to Ireland 5 or 6 times in the last ten years and this is my favorite hotel in all of Ireland. We arrived on a Tuesday and the rooms were very reasonably priced for what you get and breakfast is included (common in Ireland, but with 4 kids, no small consideration). My advice is to call rather than book online to get the best price. I found this to be true throughout Ireland. Maybe they expect Americans to look online and they don't usually offer their best price there. I consistently saved money off the online price by calling and Dunraven was no exception.
We were traveling with our whole family of six. My husband and I and our boys ages 16, 13, 11, and 6. Even they were impressed. It is simply charming. Though the hotel is older (I believe from the 1700s), it has been very well-maintained. The rooms are spacious, comfortable rooms with fluffy comforters, and it really gives you the feeling of being at home. I adore the wooden-floored bathrooms. They have several (free) private libraries with cozy couches and fireplaces on the ground floor where you can sit and drink, read a book, play chess or chat into the wee hours. It's just lovely. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
They also have a small leisure center with elliptical trainers, weight machines, and treadmills, as well as a heated indoor pool. The bar is also charming and even the sandwiches were excellent. The breakfast is easily the best we had during our two weeks in Europe. They had lots of fresh cut fruit, delicious bread, scones, and cereal, scrambled eggs, sausages, mushrooms, and freshly squeezed orange juiced and other assorted fruit juices. Everything was cooked to perfection, so that even my pickiest child was stuffed! I love this hotel. God willing, I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank carnfam
AdareDunraven, Owner at Dunraven Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2010

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us on the 28th of July.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our service and food to all our guests including our younger guests.
We are honoured you found our Hotel to be the best in Europe during your travels.
We would like to think this is why we have been awarded the 2010 Karen Brown Readers Choice Award winner for Ireland,in such company as the 5 Star Plaza Athenee in Paris.
We look forward to welcoming you and all your family back to stay with us .

Reviewed 28 July 2010

We stayed in this hotel in November 2009 en route from Dublin to Kerry. The hotel foyer is very drab and we were directed to our room, which was very spacious and cosy. We arranged dinner in the hotel that evening as it was my fiance's birthday. The meal was awful. It cost us €120 and was no nicer than an average carvery from a local pub. The breakfast the next morning was even worse. It was a buffet and nothing in the buffet looked even remotely appetising so we had toast and coffee instead, along with a scone (which was quite nice).

I e-mailed the proprietor on my return to Dublin and explained my experience. We were contacted by the hotel manager and were invited to return at a date that was suitable for a complimentary night's accomodation and meal. I attempted to take the Dunraven Arms up on their offer this weekend, only to be told that it would only be possible for us to come and stay "when we do not expect to be busy". Charming!

I will not be returning to this hotel and would advise anyone contemplating it not to go!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LC_NMJC

Dear Reviewer
We are very disappointed to read of your comments,you expressed disappointment concerning your Dinner and Breakfast during a stay with us.
As you can see from the reviews we are renowned for our food and the quality of service we offer ,as is mentioned on the review of the same day as yours.
We offered a complimentary return visit to you as a gesture of our good will and concern to look after our customers.You requested a night over a bank holiday weekend to which we said this was unavailable and we offered an alternative night as we knew this would be fully booked,we also offered you the opportunity to come and stay on an alternative night during August to which you declined.
We feel it is very unkind to write a review of this nature when we offered such a kind gesture to return complimentary ,it is not beyond reason to request you stay on an alternative night ,to which you flatly declined.

Reviewed 26 July 2010

We stayed overnight in the hotel as part of a wedding reception. The recpetion itself was good and there were plenty of staff at the evening meal so we were not waiting too long between courses. The hotel was clean and in a very good location. The room was nice and clean but for €155 a night you would expect a few little things in the room, ie. there were no shower gels, toothpastes for shampoos in the bathroom and no tea/coffee making facilities in the room. Only small little things but would be nice when you pay that money for a room. Over all the room was big with a big bed and very clean. The breakfast the next day was very average, i have had better in smaller hotels. I have to say the food at the wedding reception was very nice but the breakfast left alot to be disired. Over all it is a lovely warm welcoming home with a nice atmosphere. It just expected a little bit more.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carolkildare

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us for your friends wedding reception.Your comments re the cleanliness ,service and the wedding reception are very kind.
We offer 24hr room service in the hotel to cater for Tea and Coffee ,of which we offer this complimentary upon request on arrival.Like wise we offer all the toiletories required complimentary to all our guests upon request .Our breakfast selection of Fruits ,Cereals and Hot Breakfast items is very varied and we offer an A La Carte selection .
We thank you for your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back to the Dunraven Arms .