1,250 results
All reviews junior suite beef four poster bed ham dressing room lovely hotel old world hotel restaurant breakfast and dinner beautiful village old style large room top class comfortable rooms wedding reception leisure centre function room
Reviewed 23 January 2018

We had Lunch which was good and tasty but lacked presentation and tried to be nouvelle cuisine but fell far short of that type of food. Waitress lacked "any" experience. I didn't like the way they left the billfold on the table before we even got a glass of water!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a family birthday and couldn’t have been happier with the hotel. A lovely warm, cosy place with generous rooms and really comfortable beds. The highlight, though, is the food which is really excellent. The breakfast was second to none as was the roast beef on Saturday night. Adare itself is a picturesque town and a great spot to stop over. Highly recommended.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank FionaMc129
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

I've stayed here a lot & on many, many occasions but finding myself staying less & less during 2017. Attention to detail & customers are just not there any more, the only staff that seem to be polite these days & acknowledge are the room cleaners, they are ever so pleasant, for everyone else I just feel like I'm a pest & in the way. I've always struggled with no tea/coffee facilities in the rooms (must be the only hotel in all of Ireland that are void of this), also I don't agree how they support the fox hunting. On a hunt meet morning they literally take over the entire lobby, there's no space or attention to the paying guests. I think I'm through with this establishment now & shan't be returning again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank peterahughes
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We were so disappointed on arrival into the hotel, standing at reception looking like drowned rats from the rain, a very rude receptionist told us that check in was through a little door way and not at the table we had been waiting at for 5 minutes. No small talk, just there is your keys, breakfast details and off you go.... we had spend the whole of Christmas in different hotels and this was without a doubt the coldest welcome that we received. Really poor staff/service throughout the hotel except for one (foreign) girl who worked breakfast and dinner in the restaurant, she was really lovely and seemed to know how to behave with guests. I’m afraid to say that all of the Irish staff from reception to the bar were awful and constantly had a can’t do attitude. I only booked this Hotel as it had on the website that clay pigeon shooting could be arranged and when I went to reception to ask about it’ she argued with me that they don’t do it, which of course I knew that they didn’t but I kept saying that it was on the site of which she only backed down when I got her to get the hotels website on her screen, she then told me that they don’t book it for guests and i would have to do it myself. When we did the clay pigeon shooting, the gorgeous father and son team we really disappointed to hear how unaccomodating the hotel were. needless to say the clay pigeon shooting was the highlight of the stay. the hotel room was lovely but the manager, whoever he is, is not managing and it shows. A real case of the inmates running the institution. Shame. Breakfast was lovely though, just needs better management.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CarrieG3
Reviewed 28 December 2017

Stayed here over night on a Sunday late November parking was difficult to find , car-park extremely busy . Check-in was quick , girl in reception was efficient & friendly, our room was beautiful , huge & overlooked the garden . Went to the bar for food as it was lashing outside but menu wasn't to our liking & not much choice at all , ended up ordering a dessert , no atmosphere in the bar it was awful & the conservatory very uninviting , the lighting was very harsh not somewhere you would enjoy sitting in to have a drink, very disappointing. Breakfast the following morning was beautiful , porridge to order , buffet for hot breakfast , fried eggs ordered freshly , lots of breads & pastries , really nice . Overall an old school hotel in a pretty village

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple