1,226 results
All reviewsjunior suitebeeffour poster bedhamlovely hoteldressing roomold worldhotel restaurantbreakfast and dinnerbeautiful villageold stylelarge roomtop classcomfortable roomswedding receptionleisure centrefunction room
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

I had not been to the Dunraven Arms in a very long time & I guess after my most recent experience it will be a good while before I frequent the place again. The positives were that the food was good & the prices were reasonable . We went for the lunch menu. The downside was that the service was terrible. There were 2 choices for the main course, I asked what was the meat served for one of them & the waitress had to go away & check. There were many other examples while we were there of poor service. Dunraven Arms Service, I would have expected more. Looks like the staff were not trained at all, just thrown into the deep end, if that is the case then that is managements fault. We were in the area close to the bar, nice conservatory area but the atmosphere was dead & it is Christmas . Overall very disappointing, there are a lot of other good restaurants around Adare for lunch & going forward I will visit these instead.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank Mustardseed S
Reviewed 11 December 2017

A young lady sits at a table in the lobby of the Dunraven Arms Hotel. I approach her to check in but she waves wildly in the direction of a room behind her which must be where reception is located. This lady has obviously had this problem a thousand times before. I go to the afore mentioned room where a bench is so high I can scarcely see anyone behind it. A voice welcomes me to the hotel and a young lady arises from her hidden seat and gives me a room key. No other hotel information is disclosed save the general location of the bedroom. The room key has a metal attachment roughly the size and shape of a generous slice of pizza. Lose this key and you have clearly been very careless.
The bedroom does not disappoint in terms of size, furnishings and cleanliness. It does lack the gowns and slippers advertised for this type of room. Were we allocated the type of executive room we booked.? The lady with the voice at reception had not mentioned what type of room it was. Alas, our gowns are delivered by housekeeping, our doubts are dispelled, this is an executive room after all.
We switch on the television which is mounted in a convenient corner. The remote is small, rather like a bar of soap. The picture is mono, the channels very limited and even some of these are not accessible. We resort to the bar where none of the 3 choices on the main course menu are to our liking. We eat elsewhere. Breakfast next morning however is good and on that account and as we slept well, I feel generous enough to raise the grading from 3 to 4 stars.
The Dunraven Arms Hotel is indeed quaint.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank redhand
Reviewed 10 December 2017

great location to walk everywhere...but very busy and noisy....they have family and reading rooms with fireplaces.....lots of events.....i would do a B & B again....as I like small....but the staff was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: it long walk to the end but away from the noise and ground to look at...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank 66travelor
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Really nice stay . Friends wedding. Facilities and staff first class. Service food and facilities excellent. Room lovely. Some reservations at breakfast service fell down and was a disappointment. I think they struggled to cope with numbers at busy time so hopefully they can improve on this.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Beautiful, large spacious rooms. I was there for a 2 day conference and it was very comfortable. They weren't very good at catering for vegetarians in their restaurant for any meal including breakfast. The food however was very good.
Service was good. The staff were very friendly.

Stayed: December 2017