1,248 results
All reviews junior suite beef four poster bed ham dressing room lovely hotel old world hotel restaurant breakfast and dinner beautiful village old style large room top class comfortable rooms wedding reception leisure centre function room
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I stayed with my partner at the Dunraven some months ago - what a wonderful hotel. The service was first rate. We were a little disappointed with our junior suite which was very junior - but the bed was lovely and confortable and the rooom was spotless. We had dinner one evening and the food was superb - the best roast beef I have ever had and I pride myself on my own! We were asked by the manager after the meal what we thought and we said that the house wine was disappointing - he said that he would have changed it if we had mentioned it at the time. Breakfast was wonderful with a whole baked ham and lovely stuffed mushrooms amongst other offerings.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. It is truly lovely, the food is delicious, and the staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome

We were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to beautiful junior suite. And truly stunned when, upon telling the young lady at checkin that we would not have time for breakfast because we had a very early flight, that the hotel would accomodate us by providing a continental breakfast at 6 a.m..

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SybariteNYC
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Dunraven Arms! We stayed two nights in a family room which included a large double (closer to an American king size), a twin for one child and a roll-away bed for the wee one. It's on the main street - a five-minute walk from the pubs, shops, grocery store, etc. Our room (room 41) looked out into the lovely gardens. We swam in the pool although it's clearly meant for lap swimmers - had to borrow cloth swimming caps. Had drinks in the bar one evening and enjoyed the warm Irish hospitality. Breakfast was elegant with the fine table settings, and a generous buffet of hot & cold items. All of the staff we encountered were helpful and courteous. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the gardens are quite nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Got upgraded to a junior suite. pleasently surprised that this hotel facilitates pets.Great hotel surrounded by history.This is a truly amazing part of the world.staff very friendly and helpful.This town has been awarded for cleanliness and is a historic area.

Room Tip: room 101 is sweet
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank phill053
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night as part of a work night away. It was a lovely experience. My room was really beautiful. The bed was amazing - a 4 poster canopy bed. The bathroom was so nice and the room was really spacious.

We had an awards ceremony and dinner in the function room and the food was very tasty! I ate everything and went up for more meat! The ham was amazingly cooked! The staff were all so friendly and helpful - from the reception to the dining room.

I had an amazing sleep - which is unusual for me when away - the bed was soooooo comfy!

I would definitely go back to this hotel for a night away. It has lovely old world charm and really high standards or cleanliness and decor in the rooms.

Room Tip: I had a room over the entrance - facing the road. It was quiet and such a lovely room. It was on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business