“Gracious Living at Adare Manor”
Review of Adare Manor

Adare Manor
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Adare
Greenville, South Carolina
“Gracious Living at Adare Manor”
Reviewed 12 April 2008

We just returned from a wonderful trip to Ireland that included 3 nights at Adare Manor! The Manor lets you experience a step back in time to gracious living and impecable service. The room was very large and comfortable with a beautiful view out of the large windows. We stayed in the newer part of the hotel, and although the rooms were great, if we return we would ask to be in the original house--the rooms were similarly appointed but had more character. The food was delicous. The breakfast room is sunny and bright--very cheery in the morning. The public rooms were beautiful! The Dungeon Bar was a very nice gathering spot with a piano player. The head door man is quite fun! My husband played the golf course and said it was a great course.

Stayed April 2008
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2008

My husband and I stayed at the castle the week before the Easter holiday. My husband went for the purpose of playing 18 holes, and to the spa. I went for the food and the beautiful views. Stayed for 2 nights in a standard room on the Mystical Manor Nights special through the website. The room was very spacious, not at all small. Room 315 is where we stayed, with a corner room. My husband raves that it was the most beautiful golf course he's played on. We had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant - the food was amazing, and the service was fantastic. I definitely recommend having at least one meal there.

I walked through the next door course to view the friary, castle and church, but I wasn't aware that it was not part of the manor, so be advised that you will get a warning from the ranger!

Husband really liked the spa massage - nothing extraordinary, just a really good massage.

• Liked — The amazing grounds and scenic views; service was great
  • Disliked — A bit musty and outdated decor, but it is an old castle, after all.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
NJ USA
Reviewed 15 March 2008

We booked the Adare Manor for the last two nights of our trip to Ireland. We saved the best for last! The Manor house is stunning as you drive up to the property. The golf course is world class, and the service is beyond great!

We booked two deluxe rooms directly by calling the Manor from the US. They were at the end of the hall, overlooking the magnificent gardens. It was as if we had our own wing in the Manor! The rooms were among the largest and most tasteful we've ever stayed in. We spent a fair amount of time in the Drawing Room, sipping pints by the fireplace. Each staff member on duty took the time to come by and introduce themselves, asking if everything was OK, did we need anything, etc.

We wanted to explore the local area at night, and the staff recommended two great restaurants for dinner. What an enjoyable experience.

We would without question recommend the Adare Manor to anyone looking for a very special place to stay in Ireland. What a great way to end our visit!

Stayed March 2008
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed 6 March 2008

My husband and I stayed here for our last evening of our trip to Ireland. The room was spacious and bathroom was clean. There was a fireplace in the room but we did not use it.

The grounds are beautiful! And I was wishing that I were out golfing!

The dinner that we had in the restaurant with the wine pairing was amazing! It was the best meal of the trip! My tastebuds were in heaven!

While the hotel room was not over the top by anymeans, the food was, and the golf course looked amazing.

The staff was extremely helpful and nice. I wish that our stay there was a little longer.

• Liked — The restaurant!
  • Disliked — Very out of the way location, town was too far to walk to.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
dublin
Reviewed 23 February 2008

stayed at the adare manor hotel for two nights recently having really looked forward to the stay was left feeling very disappointed to find that the much advertised luxurious spa did not exist. hotel itself is a very spectacular building (although a bit draughty ), staff polite and helpful, grounds splendid and food amazing. two of our group really enjoyed playing on the golf course however the spa was an absolute disappointment. having stayed in some irish hotels with luxurious spas recently ie doonbeg golf lodge, the heritage killinard and the marriott enfield this is the standard i was expecting. imagine my disappointment to find the spa consisted of a few very dated and non luxurious treatment room in the grounds of the castle. the staff were very pleasant and treatments adequate but both my massage and pedicure were spoiled by having to return in the cold across the driveway. the spa building was so cold i cancelled some of my treatments. so much for me planning to spend hours in the sunroom reading or lounging in the hydrotherphy pool. wouldn't return as there are many more venues around the country offering golf, great food and real spas
who can cater for my needs.

• Liked — food
  • Disliked — spa
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank amddublin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
1.6 km away
16.8 km away
Absolute Hotel
Absolute Hotel
#1 of 20 in Limerick

Been to Adare Manor? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK