“To the manor born...”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Adare
Dublin, Ireland
“To the manor born...”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

What a refreshing weekend my husband and I enjoyed in Adare Manor. The service was exceptional! It has been a dream of mine to stay in Adare Manor since I was a little girl. I am so happy that this dream lived up to my expectations. The staff and surroundings are Adare Manor's greatest assets. The staff successfully navigate that fine line of exceptional service, anticipating your needs, and all while not making their presence an imposition.

We arrived on a wet Saturday for the easter weekend. Despite being fully booked for the weekend, we were made to feel welcome and accommodated in every sense. We tayed in the old part of the Manor (something I would recommend). Although next time we will be sure to ask for a room with a view. Even though we had a view of the carpark I still give our stay 5 out of 5.

There was a table in reception filled with Easter treats for the whole weekend 9and replenished every few hours). A very welcoming touch. Even with the bad weather we enjoyed strolling around the grounds of the Manor and its picturesque village.

We had booked a massage for within the hour of our arrival. I felt like I was walking on air for the rest of the stay. We stayed for two nights. I must commend the memories of all of staff. They added the personal touch at all times. I can't wait to return!

PS -bedlinen with a higher threadcount would be better (but that's just me being fussy).

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the old Manor. Be sure to specify with a view of the river or the formal gardens...
1 Thank murphyre
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at this Hotel with my boyfriend (both of us in our mid 20s) in April 2012. We were blown away by the service and the amenities. It was our first time staying in a castle and we felt like royalty. The King size bed was very nice as well as the marble bathroom with complimentary robes. The breakfast was good and the grounds are just beautiful. We ate in the casual restaurant and had a very nice dinner. I had the opportunity to play a song in the Piano Bar on Friday night which was fun.

I would recommend this hotel for all!

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Fairytale setting and amazing service! You will not be disappointed. If I were to write a full review I wouldn't know where to begin and I wouldn't want to ruin all of the amazing surprises they have in store for you! This is a must stay!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
chappaqua, ny
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Adare Manor is an exceptional property that has both top class facilities and yet still welcomes families. Unfortunately for my family and I, we had only planned a 1 night stay. That being said we arrived early and were able to take advantage of several activities Adare Manor had to offer. We checked into our luxurious room early and found it to be spacious and clean. We had a grand view of the golf course and river. My children love to shoot guns so we decided to take the boys to shoot clays. After a quick ride to the shooting facility we were introduced to Eddie who is a master with the shotgun and very good with kids. We spent about an hour or more having a great family time. We headed back to the manor as the kids were ready for a swim. The pool is a nice size and was very clean. We had decided to eat on property that night and decided to go upscale with the Oak Room. My two boys are 9 and 11 and have traveled quite a bit but sometimes when we eat in nicer restaurants I can feel that they are not welcome. This could not be further from the truth at Adare. They were presented both a regular menu as well as a children's menu. Both were treated as adults and given expert and attentive service. After a great night of rest we had a terrific breakfast also in the Oak Room. We decided to take a hike around the gardens and property which are absolutely beautiful. Overall I would say that Adare Manor is a special place that should not be missed on a trip to Ireland.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 21 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at Adare Manor for 2 nights, dinner, bec, and breakfast, as part of an 11-day itinerary. The grounds are beautiful, and the manor house is amazing. The breakfasts were very good, the poached eggs were done very well. The room was a king room in the manor house, overlooking the river. I would recommend they clean the windows and the dead bugs and cobwebs between the windows and screens. It would make for a nicer view. Also the wood is rotting around the winows, and therefore a maintenance item to replace the windows should probably be scheduled. The walk into town is not bad and they will pick you up and drop you off at the pedestrian gate if you ask them. Once, they did not show up for 20 minutes and it had begun o rain, so beware. The food in both the restaurant or the Carriage House was not great. Stay away from the blue cheese gnocci, which was a very unfortunate choice I made one evening, but the pork belly starter was extremely good.

Room Tip: In the manor house, overlooking the river was great.
2 Thank Resa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
1.6 km away
16.3 km away
Bunratty Castle Hotel
Bunratty Castle Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bunratty

Been to Adare Manor? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK