All reviews home base american outlets construction noise vacation package manor house washer dryer full bath master bedroom paper towels self catering golf course rental car front gate beds were very comfortable stayed nights bunratty castle high tea
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here so we could use it as a home base each night. We didn’t want to have to travel from hotel to hotel. There were 4 of us traveling together and the layout of the villa allowed us to have our own bedroom and bath. This was great because we could sit in the sunroom and visit after a long day and still retire at night in comfort and privacy. The only complaint I have is the beds. It was so hard I could barely sleep, so I doubled my comforter and sheets and slept on top of them. BTW, the grounds are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2018
AdareManor, General Manager at Adare Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear Katrina S,

Many thanks for your kind comments regarding your experience at Adare Manor. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I have been delighted to share it with our team.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Kind regards

Paul Heery / General Manager

Reviewed 6 July 2018

This place was perfect for our family of five. I would easily accommodate a larger family if needed. It is close to all we wanted to see, and the staff are friendly - classy - stereotypically Irish! We are so very happy with our choice to stay at the Adare Manor Villas!

Room Tip: If you golf - they have a great golf course.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Rileyjr,

Kind regards

Paul Heery / General Manager

Reviewed 29 May 2018

The only reason I did not rate this as 5 star was because the interior of the Villa we stayed in (Villa 6) was in need of a facelift. New paint, carpets and flooring are much needed and are a quick fix. Having said that, the Manor grounds are magnificent, the town of Adare is very charming and there are several pubs and restaurants which we found to be excellent. The Villas are spacious with 3 bedrooms, 4 full baths, large American style kitchen/dining/living room so there is plenty of space to spread out especially if you are traveling with a group. Extremely helpful are the American outlets in each room so no adapter needed. FYI - hair dryers in each bedroom are located in the drawer of the table beneath the mirrors - took me a while to find! There is a washer/dryer so you can pack light. Staff was lovely and very helpful. On the grounds is The Carriage House which has a beautiful bar and two restaurants which was very convenient if you did not want to leave the grounds for a meal. The grounds are truly spectacular and well worth a walk around in the early morning or evening.

Adare is a 30 minute, easy drive from Shannon and is a superb location for day trips. My husband and I like to have a base of operation and take day trips. I do not particularly care for speeding each night in a different hotel as you never really absorb the atmosphere of Ireland. There are plenty of day trips within 1-2 hours of Adare and I highly recommend taking a day trip to Killaloe (beautiful town on Lough Derg) and the Rock of Cashel in Tipperary.

Another small criticism is Villa guests are not welcome at the Manor house except if you want high tea. Villa guests are restricted to the Carriage House. My husband and I have been guests at the Villas a few times - last time was 10 years ago and the Manor was open to all guests for meals and drinks. The Manor was just redone and looks magnificent. We were looking forward to having a drink and seeing the redo but it was not to be. All in all, I was very happy with the Villas, would recommend to all and would stay there again.

Stayed: May 2018
4  Thank ampaxton
Reviewed 29 May 2018

We stayed at the Adare Villas and everything was excellent. I don't this we could have picked a better place. The Adare Manor was closed due to renovation and was due to open the month we came. But we knew this in advance. It did not open as scheduled and we were disappointed that we didn't get to see it. We see this as a definite reason to go back! We would highly recommend this to everyone. The villa was very comfy and plenty of room. We were there 6 nights and shopped in town for breakfast and sandwich items. We cooked breakfast and made sandwiches and headed out each day to our destination and returned each night to our home away from home.

Room Tip: All villas were perfectly situated.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank office850
Reviewed 25 May 2018

Our stay a the Adare Villas was part of our Great Value Vacation package. This place is wonderful. We loved Pat and Liam at the front gate who were always very helpful with directions, roads to take and roads not to take, etc. The women at the main house at check in were also very friendly and helpful. The villa was spacious, clean and beautiful. There was plenty of room for a family of five to relax. It has everything you need to cook meals yourself and there are two supermarkets in Adare to shop in. It has a small washer and dryer which was so handy. The location is ideal for a home base while visiting various sights. Just a few things to be aware of: You must purchase wifi for the time you are there. We found it only was strong in one downstairs area. It was very spotty upstairs. The villa comes with just small hand soaps in each bathroom. After you run out, you must purchase more. No shampoos or conditioner. I would just bring your own. If you desire additional sheets, towels, etc there are additional charges for those things. Not a big issue at all but just something to be aware of. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would definitely return!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family