“One of the most beautiful places I have visited” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kinsale

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Stamford, Connecticut
34 helpful votes
“One of the most beautiful places I have visited”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

My visit to Kinsale consisted of an evening out with work colleagues after a day of business in Ballincolig. We visited Kinsale for drinks and dinner. The scenery was simply stunning and picturesque. While my brief visit did not allow me to take advantage of what Kinsale had to offer, I can tell by the tourists throughout town that the locale is friendly and quite relaxing. As I stared out at the water, I pictured myself on a boat in the middle of the bay with not a care in the world. To me this was the highlight of my always pleasant business trip to Ireland.

1 Thank RMS171
Brisbane
2 helpful votes
“Lovely Small town worth visiting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2010

This is such a lovely town to visit. On the water it is a cosy little town that is full of life. Nice pubs, great hotel, lovely people. Jim Edwards is great for a meal. We stayed at Actons hotel which was a little pricey but we expected that as we did not make a booking. If you have time and you love to relax a little drop into this town overnight.

Jerusalem, Israel
160 helpful votes
“A brilliant place for a holiday in South Cork”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

I visited Kinsale a few weeks ago, escorted by the parish priest in my town, a dear friend who loves good food as I do myself, and interesting architecture as well.
There is a sweet little museum in the town hall, a wonderful fish restaurant (Fishy Fishy Cafe), and some interesting houses of worship (Catholic, Church of Ireland, Methodist). My friend is RC, I'm Jewish, and we're both impressed by nice buildings, good food and friendly people. We found a lot of each in Kinsale. The location is perfect, and the place is barely 35 min. south of Cork city, a wonderful venue on its own.

Boston, Massachusetts
6 helpful votes
“Charming seaside town, worth the trip!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

Kinsale is a lovely town, beautiful walks and vistas - great food.
Fabulous golf at nearby Old Head.

Chesapeake, VA
1 helpful vote
“Great little town on the coast of Ireland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2010

Kinsale was a wonderful surprise. They local people were very helpful and friendly. The White House cafe was a great place to eat. Daltons is a wonderful pub to experience the traditional Irish music....sing along and story telling!!

Been to Kinsale? Share your experiences!