White Lady Hotel
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
US$ 130
TripAdvisor
All reviewshen partypowder roomattached restauranttrip through irelandcomfortable roomsnext morningtown centreseafood chowderbreakfast was includeddefinitely stay here againpubs and restaurantsbed and breakfastanthonypinthoststories
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed in this hotel for two nights. The rooms were very modern and good size. The hotel is a 5 min walk from the town centre. The staff were very polite and helpful apart from one waitress in the restaurant, who was quite ignorant as we were ordering our food and wine...we she made us feel completely unwelcome!!!

Apart from that, breakfast was great and the bar downstairs was nice and cosy.
Overall i would recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room far away from the adjoining nightclub if you want a good night's sleep!
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband and I stayed in The White Lady on 10th and 11th Feb on a web deal that we had bought. The deal was B&B for two for 2 nights plus one evening meal. We arrived on Friday evening and received an extremely warm welcome from Anthony on reception. We informed Anthony that we would like to have dinner that evening after we had taken a walk around the town and inquired as to the time of last orders etc, but Anthony assured us that there would be no problem with times that we would be looked after and to enjoy our walk. Upon our return we decided to eat in the bar as opposed to the dining room as there as a nice atmosphere in there and also a good crowd of people arriving for food. During the course of the evening Anthony and the other members of staff never stopped going, chatting to everyone. They moved table’s in order to allow large crowds to sit together; they spend time discussing the menu with everyone and basically really went out of their way to ensure that all were happy with the service. I myself made an embarrassing mistake as I thought that wine was included in the offer but soon realised and apologised to the very pleasant barman, but yet they still presented us two glasses of Pressco free of charge. Also they do a great bottle of house wine for €15. I could not fault the hospitality of this establishment and the food was excellent! We had a great weekend and I will definitely return.

Catherine, Cork.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Catherine2365
Reviewed 31 January 2012

stayed at this hotel recently, got a great deal on a web group. The rooms and beds were small but spotless, I was shocked to find no hairdryer or tea and coffee making facilities. when I mentioned this at reception they were more then willing to bring coffee to the room which i was uncomfortable asking for regularly as we were at the top of the house, with a bit of a search they found a hairdryer, dinner menu on the deal was quite limited but the food was lovely. All in all it was clean, basic but the staff were so nice and the food good so worth the reduced priced we paid.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

Just back from a weekend booked through a web deal, 2 nights bb & 1 dinner. Staff is great, so pleasant & always ready to assist with a warm smile. Room was ok, pity was not cleaned properly & the shower had a problem with the drain, on the second day the maid didn’t even bother cleaning it. Dinner menu for deal holder was a bit disappointing, not many choices and if you wanted to add dessert I found it pricy. So we didn’t stay for dinner on the second night. Location is a few minutes walking from the centre of town, without a decent view. Free parking is handy. Good if you can get a deal but wouldn’t pay full prices for it.
I would certainly not classify it as a 4* hotel, more a fine B&B.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

I stayed in the White Lady with 7 friends, on a Christmas weekend away. We saw a ridiculously cheap deal on a group-buying site. When I rang to book the offer had sold out, however, when I explained that 8 of us were hoping to stay the management honoured the deal.

As the deal was so cheap our expectations were low and we were expecting basic accommodation with good atmosphere. However, we were really surprised at the rooms; they were gorgeous and spotlessly clean.

Our first night was spent in the hotel. Dinner was included in the deal, it was fine. There was then a Carol concert in the bar which was gorgeous. Locals sang by candlelight while we drank and joined in. Lyrics sheets were passed around along with plates of freshly-baked mince pies which was a lovely touch. Most customers seemed to be from kinsale which I thought was a good sign. We drank the bar dry and made lots of new friends. We spent the second night of our weekend socialising in kinsale town, after a few pre-dinner drinks in the hotel bar of course!

We did not visit the White Lady nightclub. I would imagine it caters to a younger crowd while we are on the later side of our twenties. However we enjoyed the hotel bar a lot.

Breakfast was great, some items were nicer than others, but to the hotels credit they allowed us pick & choose and cooked our breakfasts to order. So if you liked more bacon but less egg that was not a problem. There was unlimited tea, coffee, toast & juices.

We loved our stay in kinsale. There was no rush for us to check-out and the staff were good craic. I would recommend this place more to young couples or groups rather than families or those looking for somewhere very quiet. It suited us down to the ground and we're hoping to go again next Christmas.

• Stayed: December 2011