“Lovely food! ”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Four of us had dinner on a Wednesday night. Its a lovely warm and cozy bistro/bar, great menu mostly locally sourced food and outstanding for fish / seafood. Staff were superb, fun professional and helpful.
Food was excellent, freshly cooked and more than we could eat. Iv eaten here before and definitely will again. ❤

1  Thank Clive F

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Had dinner one night while staying in Kinsale. I loved the dark wood paneling and floors, made for a very cozy experience. Wait staff were very welcoming and attentive. I did however expect more from the food. My seafood chowder was a bit too thin, as if I was eating a clear broth, and the fish and chips, well -- the fish was extremely greasy and caused me a miserable night of indigestion. The salad was excellent, produce soooo fresh and dressed with a wonderful vinaigrette (reminded me of salads my grandmother in eastern France used to make me when I visited during summers), and the chips were delicious and cooked to perfection. There is a decent selection of beers on tap, and I had two glasses of chardonnay. I would return, but, no more fish and chips for me (just the chips and salad!).

1  Thank Marc R
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Visited for lunch on Good Friday. Hadn't booked a table so lucky to get in as there were 6 of us. Pub fayre with excellent sea food chowder and fish dishes, burger also recommended.

1  Thank Tracey M
Reviewed 3 April 2018

The food served here is of very high quality. Served hot and variety is brilliant. Highly recommend for family dinner - with a few drinks of course!!

1  Thank Sylvia M
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Arrived for dinner on advice of people who had enjoyed it. The place is very clean but for us it lacked that relaxed factor. Food was alright but we felt that we had had better food elsewhere. As a group we felt that it filled the gap.