West Cork Model Railway Village
Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Excellent in every way !!!

We visited West Cork Model Railway Village last Friday on our Staycation in Cork and I have to say... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Lorkav
via mobile

Well worth the 80km drive from Bantry. Its just as enjoyable for adults as it is for kids. Lovely... read more

Reviewed 11 August 2021

from US$ 27.43
from US$ 69.68
from US$ 69.68
More Info
All reviews indoor play area west cork gift shop remote control boats small kids attention to detail charles fort well worth a visit great fun all ages towns carriage toddler craftsmanship inchydoney
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 June 2021

Nice way to spend an hour or so in Clonakilty. We love the model railway village, and have visited a number of times. While not really a train museum, it has a few pieces of West Cork railway memorabilia and gives a good idea of the importance of the GSR line to the towns of West Cork. Beyond this, the railway village is a fun collection of tiny buildings and trains to wander around, preferably on a sunny day! There's even little remote controlled boats.

I am pleased to report that the café is still open during the current restrictions (June 2021), take-away only but there are a few picnic tables.

Date of experience: June 2021
1  Thank FoxWynne
Reviewed 17 October 2020 via mobile

My partner is a train fanatic and as we had booked a few days in Inchydoney (just down the road) I said I’d surprise visit West Cork Model Railway. It’s a great day out and so much fun. Fab detail and well thought out!

Date of experience: October 2020
Reviewed 9 October 2020

This place is so cute and so fun! I went with my husband and my two year old and I don't know which enjoyed it more! Loved it. Very well managed, times had to be booked to allow for controlled numbers and social distancing was easily adhered to. Our toddler loved seeing the trains come through the tunnels and enjoyed being able to walk around some of the villages and towns. My husband loved being able to steer the boat on the water and wanted to do it a second time. Charles Fort was great, the detail in the towns and villages are amazing, even down to the colour schemes of the pubs. Shout out to De Barra's in Clonakilty! Great spot! And some benches out the front to so you can enjoy a picnic and look out over the water.

Date of experience: September 2020
Reviewed 2 October 2020 via mobile

A must visit in clonakilty. Good value for money and very well designed and maintained. Lots of lovely railway antiques. We were impressed with the covid guidelines. Book and pay in advance, one way system and of course most of it is outdoors.

Date of experience: October 2020
Reviewed 23 September 2020

Visited this attraction without really knowing what to expect.

Found a beautifully developed and extremely well maintained attraction that is suitable for all the family - kids and grown up kids alike.

I loved the model trains but really enjoyed the model villages that were so detailed and accurate. The whole attraction was made more interesting because each town featured was given historical and social context through the information plagues posted around and near each village.

Really very well done.

And ..... i really enjoyed the model trains.

This is mostly an outdoor attraction and we were lucky to visit on a lovely sunny day. In doors there was an audio visual presentation of the last day that the railway ran - 31st March 1961. Sad day for West Cork. Other indoor facilities were closed because of Covid 19 :-(

I would recommend this attraction - especially if you are a big kid interested in social history.

I loved the model trains ..... i might have said that before!

Date of experience: September 2020