All reviews great location the room was nice home from home middletown phil cork
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Stayed down there for 4 weeks and was truly amazed at how welcoming and hospitable Noreen and Phil were. Located in a very convenient area, very close to shops and the town. Stayed in two different rooms and both were excellent.

The rooms were lovely and warm, with brilliant showers. Breakfast was always delicious and I received a very generous portion. No request was too demanding for Noreen, she was so helpful and obliging. She even dropped me to the train station during the snow!

Would like to thank Noreen for how welcoming and comfortable she made me feel while I was down in Midleton. Will definitely return!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Made very welcome. Excellent breakfast. When the snow arrived, Noreen went out of her way and gave us extra bedding and also provide us with wonderful Stew in the evening As nowhere was open ,because of the blocked roads etc.
It was like home from home.
Room very comfortable and warm and plenty of tea and coffee

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

As a black person on arriving at this b&b the owner ask me if I spoke weed. Then told me $40 a night and I paid for two nights. The next day she told me the price was really $80 and I can't be there during the day. I have to leave and come back at 6pm and have to pay more money. I refuse to pay and she and her husband kick me out on the street in the rain. This is a very racist establishment and would not advise black ppl to go there. The owner's name is Noreen

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
phjordan, Owner at Whitehall Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you for your review,we love getting feed back.

Now, you prebooked, a week in advance, for yourself and your wife for a week all the way from Barbados.

When you arrived you turned out to have no wife with you, but you had two male friends again all the way from Barbados and now you only wanted two nights for just yourself but you wanted to stay in the room with your pals all day long.

So your booking was totally incorrect.

You seemed to be very high, as were your friends, you spent all night on the net and going in and out of the premises meeting people on the street, by arrangement over the phone or net, we suppose.

Why,,? and what was going on. We can only guess.

When you arrived one of your friends offered us weed and then we asked if you smoked weed and you did not reply.

The following morning there was a terrible smell of smoke or something in the house and we asked you to pay for your accommodation but you refused and we asked you to leave but you again refused and we had to call the police.

You made sure you were well gone before the police arrived who took your full details and that of your friends, phone numbers , car number etc.

Now, do have a good trip back to Barbados and thanks for your comments

Whitehall.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Was very thankful Noreen was able to accommodate me on my recent trip to Ireland as I was traveling without prior reservations. My room was spacious, well appointed, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was a nice selection of both hot and cold offerings.Very convenient location within walking distance to various eateries and local attractions. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
phjordan, Owner at Whitehall Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

give us a call any time
and you will be most welcome.

whitehall

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We had booked into a hostel in Cork and was directed to book the car into Kent street parking at the train station.
We were welcomed with open arms at the Whitehouse for much the same price as the hostel and were given a lovely room and hot breakfast.

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs at the back of the house are the quietest. There is a family room that sleeps 4.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

you were the ideal guests and will always be welcome here, at whitehall,

fond regards,