“Nice salad”
Review of Al's Restaurant

Al's Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 64 Restaurants in Midleton
Cuisines: Deli, Irish
Description: Relaxed restaurant that serves Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Barista coffee and homemade cakes, buns, scones etc from our own bakery. We make the vast amount of products ourselves tha'ts why things like chicken gougons etc are so nice. No frozen rubbish.
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Ordered a BLT with side salad. The salad was lovely but the BLT didn't taste like one, the bacon wasn't great and there was a strange kind of relish so destroyed the usual taste of a BLT.

Date of visit: December 2017
managment747, Manager at Al's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Hi
Thanks for your review, seemed to miss it on my system. We use smokey bacon maybe that was the difference, I will speak to my chef maybe we should change. The relish is ballymaloe country, very popular and a local product. Next time we can make it with out?.
Thanks again
Manager

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

whil waiting for my car to be serviced i visited this restsurant for breakfast. the place was very busy and clean. the breskfast was very good and good value. the staff were very friendly.

Date of visit: September 2017
managment747, Manager at Al's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Hi
Thanks for calling and your fair review, please call again.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

For home cooked well priced food I always eat in Al's Midleton. As a sales rep it can be hard to get nice eateries! So, I look forward to my Midleton trip.. always very busy. BUT peak times staff ( very low staff turnover as I see it!! Must be a good place to work!) are courteous but efficient & work so diligently so very little waiting around. Great salads, hot bar and , as for the cakes...... spacious for buggies & wheelchairs.. great team work on view!!

Date of visit: June 2017
managment747, Manager at Al's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Hi there
Thanks for your honest review, please keep coming back.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Went there today for a full breakfast and since this morning my stomach is like a washing machine on full spin.
Staff is unhelpful, the quality of food is absolutely inedible: stay away from their coffee tasting burnt and impossible to drink, the white pudding can be used to build houses with, the hashbrown is a boat floating on a greasy ocean, the tomato looks like missing parts of, and the beans are the lowest quality you can find and the price is way too expensive compared to the quality offered. The place looks dirty and neglected and the cutlery was not very clean either.
P.s.: if you need milk you better off going in a field and milk a cow yourself.
Don't be wasting your money. I will definitely not repeat the experience

Date of visit: May 2017
managment747, Manager at Al's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Hi,
I was disappointed to read that you were not happy, I have spoken to all the staff on that day and none recall a customer complaint, what a shame you did not highlight the issues on the day.
I am amazed that the staff were unhelpful and that the breakfast you were served was not enjoyed. Our chef who cooked the breakfast has cooked thousands of breakfasts using the same high quality ingriedients over the years working with us.
Our fully trained barista who has 13 years experience cannot understand how your coffee was as you stated, thankfully the thousands of people who buy their coffee off her every week are very happy with the quality and presentation of same.
I accept that the milk was not full when you required it and that you would have had to ask for it at the counter, and for this many apologies.
I accept that you will not be returning.
Mgr

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Big improvements here. The Steak lunch was delicious and very tender. Long queue indicates it's popularity.

Date of visit: September 2016