“My favourite place to eat in Midleton”
Review of Al's Restaurant

Al's Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 62 Restaurants in Midleton
Cuisines: Deli, Irish
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

For home cooked well priced food I always eat in Al's Midleton. As a sales rep it can be hard to get nice eateries! So, I look forward to my Midleton trip.. always very busy. BUT peak times staff ( very low staff turnover as I see it!! Must be a good place to work!) are courteous but efficient & work so diligently so very little waiting around. Great salads, hot bar and , as for the cakes...... spacious for buggies & wheelchairs.. great team work on view!!

managment747, Manager at Al's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Hi there
Thanks for your honest review, please keep coming back.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Went there today for a full breakfast and since this morning my stomach is like a washing machine on full spin.
Staff is unhelpful, the quality of food is absolutely inedible: stay away from their coffee tasting burnt and impossible to drink, the white pudding can be used to build houses with, the hashbrown is a boat floating on a greasy ocean, the tomato looks like missing parts of, and the beans are the lowest quality you can find and the price is way too expensive compared to the quality offered. The place looks dirty and neglected and the cutlery was not very clean either.
P.s.: if you need milk you better off going in a field and milk a cow yourself.
Don't be wasting your money. I will definitely not repeat the experience

managment747, Manager at Al's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Hi,
I was disappointed to read that you were not happy, I have spoken to all the staff on that day and none recall a customer complaint, what a shame you did not highlight the issues on the day.
I am amazed that the staff were unhelpful and that the breakfast you were served was not enjoyed. Our chef who cooked the breakfast has cooked thousands of breakfasts using the same high quality ingriedients over the years working with us.
Our fully trained barista who has 13 years experience cannot understand how your coffee was as you stated, thankfully the thousands of people who buy their coffee off her every week are very happy with the quality and presentation of same.
I accept that the milk was not full when you required it and that you would have had to ask for it at the counter, and for this many apologies.
I accept that you will not be returning.
Mgr

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Went here today for coffee & cake with my family. I went to order a cake so I gave my order to the man at the till his reply was "get it yourself" I thought the cakes were only on display as they were not in a fridge because there was cream on it. I took my cake & headed towards a table, then another table as they were all filthy! Went to get some cutlery to find it was all wet! Finally found a clean table & went to fetch a high chair, after getting the chair I discover that was not only filthy with food stuck in it but it was also falling apart, I decided to take my child out & sit her in my lap instead. Coffee I ordered was just awful, my husband left his as it was terrible,so just don't waste your money a lot nicer places around.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Big improvements here. The Steak lunch was delicious and very tender. Long queue indicates it's popularity.

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Visited this restaurant while doing a shop in tesco. Ideal location!! The menu had so much to choose from all at reasonable prices. Good size portions aswell. The ladies serving were so friendly and couldn't have done more for us. I had small children with me and they each spoke to them asking how they were etc. just really friendly. The food was lovely, everything cooked to perfection.
Bonus to this place is, there's a shop attached so I was able to do my lotto before we left

1  Thank marielyons21