“My favourite place to eat in Midleton”
Review of Al's Restaurant

Al's Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 65 Restaurants in Midleton
Cuisines: Deli, Irish
Description: Relaxed restaurant that serves Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Barista coffee and homemade cakes, buns, scones etc from our own bakery. We make the vast amount of products ourselves tha'ts why things like chicken gougons etc are so nice. No frozen rubbish.
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

For home cooked well priced food I always eat in Al's Midleton. As a sales rep it can be hard to get nice eateries! So, I look forward to my Midleton trip.. always very busy. BUT peak times staff ( very low staff turnover as I see it!! Must be a good place to work!) are courteous but efficient & work so diligently so very little waiting around. Great salads, hot bar and , as for the cakes...... spacious for buggies & wheelchairs.. great team work on view!!

Date of visit: June 2017
managment747, Manager at Al's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Hi there
Thanks for your honest review, please keep coming back.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Went there today for a full breakfast and since this morning my stomach is like a washing machine on full spin.
Staff is unhelpful, the quality of food is absolutely inedible: stay away from their coffee tasting burnt and impossible to drink, the white pudding can be used to build houses with, the hashbrown is a boat floating on a greasy ocean, the tomato looks like missing parts of, and the beans are the lowest quality you can find and the price is way too expensive compared to the quality offered. The place looks dirty and neglected and the cutlery was not very clean either.
P.s.: if you need milk you better off going in a field and milk a cow yourself.
Don't be wasting your money. I will definitely not repeat the experience

Date of visit: May 2017
managment747, Manager at Al's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Hi,
I was disappointed to read that you were not happy, I have spoken to all the staff on that day and none recall a customer complaint, what a shame you did not highlight the issues on the day.
I am amazed that the staff were unhelpful and that the breakfast you were served was not enjoyed. Our chef who cooked the breakfast has cooked thousands of breakfasts using the same high quality ingriedients over the years working with us.
Our fully trained barista who has 13 years experience cannot understand how your coffee was as you stated, thankfully the thousands of people who buy their coffee off her every week are very happy with the quality and presentation of same.
I accept that the milk was not full when you required it and that you would have had to ask for it at the counter, and for this many apologies.
I accept that you will not be returning.
Mgr

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Big improvements here. The Steak lunch was delicious and very tender. Long queue indicates it's popularity.

1  Thank Alexselkirk
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Visited this restaurant while doing a shop in tesco. Ideal location!! The menu had so much to choose from all at reasonable prices. Good size portions aswell. The ladies serving were so friendly and couldn't have done more for us. I had small children with me and they each spoke to them asking how they were etc. just really friendly. The food was lovely, everything cooked to perfection.
Bonus to this place is, there's a shop attached so I was able to do my lotto before we left

2  Thank marielyons21
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Never again I never in my life got such horrible food in my life cutlery I had to try myself as it was put into the tray wet sandwich we receive was terrible asked for toasted sandwiches there was only one side heated not even toasted other side not even put in toaster, there was ment to be sundied tomatoes on sandwich and the put ordinary tomato it was terrible I could go on but it was the most horrible place I have every been would get better in a dog tin

1  Thank V3088QNlisad
managment747, Manager at Al's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

I have checked with my staff regarding your complaint.
You received a full refund for your whole party, only your sandwich was left uneaten. I acknowledge that my valued staff member made a genuine mistake by putting fresh tomato rather than sun dried tomato into your sandwich, like my staff members I apologise again for this. You also state that your sandwich was only toasted on one side, in all my years using Merrychef ovens this is the first time this has happened, I however apologise for this unusual occurrence.
We are all disappointed that a full refund on your whole table and personal apology did not satisfy and make up for what happened, I don't know what more I could possibly do for you that my staff have not done already.