“Relaxing, friendly and lovely food ”
Review of Al's Restaurant

Al's Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 62 Restaurants in Midleton
Cuisines: Deli, Irish
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Visited this restaurant while doing a shop in tesco. Ideal location!! The menu had so much to choose from all at reasonable prices. Good size portions aswell. The ladies serving were so friendly and couldn't have done more for us. I had small children with me and they each spoke to them asking how they were etc. just really friendly. The food was lovely, everything cooked to perfection.
Bonus to this place is, there's a shop attached so I was able to do my lotto before we left

1  Thank marielyons21

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Never again I never in my life got such horrible food in my life cutlery I had to try myself as it was put into the tray wet sandwich we receive was terrible asked for toasted sandwiches there was only one side heated not even toasted other side not even put in toaster, there was ment to be sundied tomatoes on sandwich and the put ordinary tomato it was terrible I could go on but it was the most horrible place I have every been would get better in a dog tin

managment747, Manager at Al's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

I have checked with my staff regarding your complaint.
You received a full refund for your whole party, only your sandwich was left uneaten. I acknowledge that my valued staff member made a genuine mistake by putting fresh tomato rather than sun dried tomato into your sandwich, like my staff members I apologise again for this. You also state that your sandwich was only toasted on one side, in all my years using Merrychef ovens this is the first time this has happened, I however apologise for this unusual occurrence.
We are all disappointed that a full refund on your whole table and personal apology did not satisfy and make up for what happened, I don't know what more I could possibly do for you that my staff have not done already.

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

Have used this restaurant a few times when visiting the shopping cnt. Sad to say each time has been more disappointing than the previous. The staff are friendly and obliging but communication behind the counter is non existent. Meals ordered come with portions missing and when delivered one has finished what portions had been served. The food is not hot when served after being stored in a hot cabinet under lights before serving. Seating is plentiful In the restaurant and hygiene is good
There is plenty parking in the car park at the shopping Cnt. If the food was good and was served promptly and all at the same time this would be a lovely place to rest and enjoy time with friends over a meal.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

Have been here twice in the last week. Staff pleasant & friendly. Good food, very tasty. Great portion sizes. Very baby friendly. Always a high chair available.

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

The food here is poor quality and very bland. The pricing is too high for what is on offer, though there isn't much of an alternative in the shopping centre so it's a captive audience.
The board displayed afternoon specials which despite it being after noon we were told were not available until 2:30pm which it didn't mention.
Definitely in no rush to return here the food we had was tasteless, and cold in the middle.
The staff were less than attentive as we waited quite a while for anyone to even acknowledge us.
Avoid if possible!