All reviews coffee dock business trip friendly hotel nice bar main street breakfast was excellent full irish enjoyable stay following morning gym cork residents compliment ireland races ensuite dessert
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed in the Hibernian as I was visiting a sick relative in hospital. I initially booked 2 nights on line. When I arrived after 1.00pm I was given my room straight away. I noticed the heating was not on in the bedroom. I mentioned it to the Receptionist and when I returned later that night room was really warm. The only problem I had with room was that I woke up during the night with the noise of pipes and water gurgling. As I am a light sleeper it kept me awake.
I decided to stay an extra night and when booking the room I mentioned about the noise the previous night. The receptionist was very helpful and moved me to a different room for the remainder 2 nights.
I had no problem here. Rooms are nice and big. Tea/Coffee making facilities and I had a separate shower rather than shower over bath.
They have plenty areas to dine in and a good choice as well.
Place popular with locals which is good.
I would have no problem recommending the hotel. It also has a leisure centre.
I will stay there again no problem. Very good value for money as well.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

This hotel survives because it is centrally located, is not very expensive, food is satisfactory, staff are helpful and it is clean. However the hotel is very old fashioned and needs investment. Parking is down a narrow lane way which leads to a busy public car park. I had to wait ten minutes for someone else to leave. I doubt I will return to this hotel,next time I will find a better hotel a little further away!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Martin C
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

I went here this morning for breakfast with my 2 children for a treat. I had an egg 2 sausages & bacon n and 2 slices of toast and a coffee. My kids had 2 sausages and 2 slices of bread each. It cost just under €19. Although the food was fine I found the price to be a bit of a stretch. It was disappointing and I felt a bit cheated as I left. Service there was good and the people are pleasant but for what I paid I would have expected a much higher quality of food.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2018

this is a very humble hotel, centrally located, very friendly welcome by receptionist, room was fine albeit up the stairs, through the corridor down this corridor. Very impressive gym and pool facilities for those into exercising, reasonably priced , overall this was great.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank DinkyIRL
Reviewed 15 January 2018

It is with some considerable disappointment that I write this review. Over the past 20years the HiB has been my preferred place to stay when visiting friends and family in and near Mallow. It appears that the hotel is under new management, and frankly they haven't a clue. The staff on reception and restaurant front-of-house are very poorly trained and managed. For example, breakfast is a shambles; residents are not greeted appropriately, there is no explanation of menu availability, procedures or come to that a printed menu. The cooked breakfast is from a buffet (on a Sunday only we were told later), all dried up and unappetising. The staff were blamed by the duty manager and I find that totally unacceptable. We stayed on the first floor and experienced a noisy night. Partly through a lack of soundproofing, but mostly the result of a lack of maintenance. ie loose, creaky floorboards, and squeaky doors. This was once an excellent hotel, lets hope it can be again and the owner takes this review seriously.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple