Longueville House Hotel
US$ 103
US$ 88
HotelQuickly
Agoda.com
All reviewsdrawing roomapple brandywalled gardenroaring firetasting menuworking farmblackwater riverlambdining roomvegetable gardenhome grownafternoon teahamrolling countrysideoutstanding foodsteeped in historypublic rooms are
Reviewed 16 October 2011

My wife and I have driven by Longueville House many times. We finally found an opportunity to spend a night. We attended there mushroom hunting weekend. And it was magic.

The house and grounds are all you could expect and more. Large, gracious and comfortable drawing rooms and dining rooms. Afternoon tea mad us feel like we had returned to a bygone era. The food and service were excellent.

Our room was magnificent, Twice as large as most hotel rooms with a wonderful view of the Black Water Valley. Rolling green fields with horses and mountains. It could have been a movie set. A lovely bathroom with an oversized tub for my wife and a great shower for me. Adult level sink and a table to set our gear on...something sadly lacking in many other hotels.

Dinner and breakfast were perfect. The food is really exceptional. Aisling O'Callaghan, the owner took the time to welcome us to her home and we were impressed with her warmth and that of of all the staff.

If you can find a way to visit Longueville House, do it.

We are already thinking abou

Room Tip: Request a room facing the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IrelandTourist123
Reviewed 10 October 2011

My husband and I are just back and enjoyed a fabulous stay at Longueville House from start to finish. We also had our 22mth old daughter with us who was most welcome despite the fact that her little paws could be potentially damaging to all the lovely soft furnishings! We were made to feel 110% welcome....we even had one of the reception rooms to ourselves which meant our daughter could watch some TV and we could all relax without worrying about a toddler disturbing other people's experience. The house itself is really beautiful, a very relaxing place. The owners and staff could honestly not be any more friendly or accomodating, we were blown away. The place has a real sense of grandeur and homeliness without the "pomp" that some places of this standard often have. The food was spectacular, a real treat. The grounds are perfect for long relaxing walks. We will be back soon, very soon I hope.

Room Tip: We upgraded to suite as we had the little one with us....well worth it. The bathroom was big enough to accomodate her cot so it was like having two rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Kaz_d1234
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Stayed here last weekend with my 8 year old son, mother and mother in law. We had a fantastic weekend. Mrs O'callaghan and the staff made us feel very welcome so much so she arranged for her 10 year old son to play with my son yesterday. A highlight for my son!

Food was lovely. Best filet steak I've had in a long time, just superb. breakfast was excellent with home made muesli, scones and breads and their own bacon, sausages and pudding. Wonderful scrambled egg also.

Rooms were very good and a particular highlight is the lovely drawing room with a big roaring fire and comfy couches and armchairs;perfect for chilling out.

Their home made cider is fantastic as is the apple brandy;a great digestif. It worked for me after a very heavy meal!

With Killarney within a hour's drive and Kenmare within 70 minutes its also a great base to explore.

Not the cheapest weekend you will have but you get what you pay for.

Well worth checking out.

Room Tip: Try and ask for a room on the first floor at the front. Lovely view over the countryside. Bigger windows also.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank bambergfan
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Wish we could stayed longer in this gorgeous house! The staff, the room, the grounds, the venue - all top class. A unique experience, and we will definitely return. The setting is amazing, and our stay was so relaxing. Also, it is easy to get to from anywhere in Ireland.
P. Young

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Just back from one night stay here. Beautiful house and gardens; rooms very comfortable; food good quality. Friendly and efficient staff are a credit to the hotel. I also loved the resident dogs and horse! Hope to make a return visit.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family