“Great idea”

Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been here as part of a large grouping and on a few occasions with my partner. It is quite cozy, so don't expect to be hauling prams up the stairs and you may get to know your neighbor on the next table a little too well !!
I love the idea of not having to solely choose just one course and being able to sample almost pinto or tapas like across several food genre's. It's a nice idea, better when you are not part of a large group as service suffers (and may be the food), I do enjoy eating here.

1  Thank PaulyMal

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

This was my 3rd trip to the Greedy Goose and I was really looking forward to it. My husband and I were going for our anniversary. We had booked a week ahead, for 830pm on a Saturday. On Friday I got a call to confirm the reservation but was then asked if I wouldn't mind coming at 9 as they were quite busy. I said that was a little late but compromised and said we would try and come at 845, which we did. When we got there we were seated promptly and our orders taken. I was prepared for the service to be slow considering how busy it was but I wasn't prepared for a 40 minute wait between the first and second course. Again I could see that things were busy but no one even came to top up our drinks. It picked up a little after that but there was another long delay between getting a dessert menu and taking our order so the service really put the rest of the night in a bad light.

2  Thank Amy O
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

I’ve enjoyed several wonderful dinners at the Greedy Goose. Intimate and unpretentious. Nice atmosphere. The food is really wonderful — tapas style modern Irish cuisine. Decent wine selection too. Great spot.

1  Thank JoanTherese
Reviewed 10 July 2018

As others have said, book ahead! The tasting menu was adventurous, delicious and well thought out. There were three of us eating so we were all able to sample everything. Lovely bright spot overlooking the estuary. The service was friendly and spot on. I wish this were in my city and not thousands of miles away. Will definitely return on next trip to Ireland.

1  Thank omarshariff
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Went to the greedy goose yesterday, it was one of the best meals I have eaten in a long time, was in Dublin visiting family for the weekend, we had the taster menu

1  Thank Majellamor