1,434 results
All reviews jameson bar links course irish sea new wing deluxe room lovely hotel dublin airport short break beautiful room bar food a lovely stay family room malahide ireland osborne jamesons dart
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Stayed 2 nights Easter Monday & Tuesday. The hotel is a lovely place to stay its bright & modern. Beautiful views from the seaview bar & the Jameson bar is a lovely place to relax & unwind. The room we were in was larger than the average hotel bedroom & was clean & warm. The staff were very helpful & friendly.
Breakfast was a disaster, we queued for 25 minuets to get a table for 2. My wife took a cereal only to find there was no milk in the churn, she made a member of staff in a suit aware & he said he would get some milk for her. After at least 10/15 minutes & 4 requests later a different member of staff finally refilled the milk (must have been milking the cow). I went for the hot buffet food only to find there was very little left. I took the last bit of black pudding, there were no sausages left & the bacon was really fatty & looked under cooked it actually looked like it had been boiled! I wanted some toast but there was a queue for the only toaster available so I didn't bother as my breakfast would have been freezing. The lady at the table next to me had asked for a fried egg, as you have to order them, & when I was leaving she was almost finished her food & the egg hadn't arrived, I met her later that night & she told me it didn't come at all (maybe they couldn't catch the chicken).
Next morning we checked out early & although we had paid for breakfast, we were not prepared to go through that again. We have stayed in many hotels & that experience of breakfast was a first.
The hotel is lovely & the staff are lovely & I would stay at this hotel again on a room only basis, as you can get a lovely breakfast in Malahide cheaper, nicer & a lot less hassle.
Cant help but feel disappointed!!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank bigmo68
David M, General Manager at Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear bigmo68,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am sorry to read that breakfast was a disappointing experience for you. Our breakfast offering is something that attracts many people to come and stay at our hotel as it is the highlight of their visit. However, albeit rare, sometimes things don't run according to plan and we get things wrong. All I can say is that I am very sorry that your experience was not the normal enjoyable breakfast experience. I do hope that you revisit for breakfast on your next stay so as we can restore your faith in us.

I thank you and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again the future

Kind Regards
David

David McGuinness
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We are just back from a 2 day family stay, we had a two year old and a 6 month old baby, every member of staff we encountered from arriving to leaving was very friendly and helpful and very attentive to the children. Food was delicious and the setting is beautiful. We will definitely be returning.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Chris K,

Thank you for your review.

Really nice to read your review. Delighted to read you enjoyed your recent visit to our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back again

Kind Regards
David

David McGuinness
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Prior to arrival the hotel were very informative and helpful with any requests we had for our stay. On arrival at 10.30pm we were greeted by a porter friendly and helpful to take our bags and checked in quickly and efficiently. We stayed in the Jamesons suite 2 adults and 3 children which was perfect for all 5 of us ! Overall the service was to an excellent standard and the restaurant staff went out of their way for our anniversary and husbands birthday to spoil him. Food was excellent and every need catered for, I highly recommend this hotel and will be going back again very soon. It was a little bit of peace away from the city. City only 20 minutes away and very good location for all amenties.

Room tip: the jamesons suite- family room
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We loved our stay. lovely ocean view room, spacious, very clean and modern. The bed was great, plenty of options in house for dining and bar. Secure parking, not far from Howth and Dublin City. Will be back.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed in a very spacious airy and bright family room with bottled water , tea & coffee and 2 tv’s . Bathroom lovely with separate bath and shower . Great place to go with the family or as couples or friends .
Relaxing atmosphere throughout the hotel with a big emphasis on service . Enda the porter and Renate the receptionist were particularly helpful . We didn’t try the main restaurant apart from breakfast but we did eat in Jameson bar each evening - the bar menu is available on the hotel website - as there were 5 of us over 2 nights we tried a lot of the dishes all of which were very tasty and well presented .
Undoubtedly, the location of this hotel on the sea is one of its best assets along with its excellent golf course - but the best asset of all is the staff . If I had anything negative to say it would be that the pillows were firmer than we would like . Overall , very good and well recommended.

Trip type: Travelled with family