All reviews stayed here connie breakfast fry bedroom
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Myself and my partner stayed in this B&B for 2 nights for the rowing all Ireland held in Donegal. The B&B is located right next to the sea and had an amazing view and lovely coastal walkways nearby. we stayed in room 3 which had a lovely big bed, a great sized room although no view which we didn't mind as we weren't going to be spending all day at the B&B.

The one major fault i had with the stay was the payment. Upon arrival a card was provided for payment which the details were taken. When we had checked out we received a text stating that our card had been declined and that we were to provide another one. I did this promptly as to avoid any issues and the money was deducted from the account. It was a day or so later i noticed that we had been charged on both cards.
I contacted Connie regarding this issue. Although it was quite late in the day when i got in contact with him he responded straight away and we sorted everything out. He went above and beyond in the late hours to ensure great customer service and also offered us a free night in the B&B to make up for the issue.

Would definitely return as the B&B is great value for money and has a great location!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Stayed here for one night working locally. My room was room 5 so can't comment on others. Room 5 has a superb view... and that's it. Room is small with no bedside table as door is right next to bed. Bathroom clean, not much pressure to shower,bed ok, had a reasonable nights sleep. Breakfast very good next morning.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Never ever ever again! If you want an aggressive man to land into your room at 3am roaring and shouting & to turn off all the lights in the room including the bathroom your in & knowing two girls are getting changed then to walk in to the bathroom when your in your underwear, while your changing into your pyjamas and then to lie about everything and not even own up to it please by all means go here! Not a revenge post, just really want to warn people as he did walk in on somebody half naked.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
connie m, Manager at Rolling Wave Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Please see ‘storyteller review of same room and same night below.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

After a terrible start to our stay in bundoran due to our planned accomadation falling through we thought our luck was in when we found a last minute booking at the Rolling Wave guesthouse. On arrival our group of 6 were staying in a 5 person room but this was ok'd by Connie (the owner). The room was fine & clean, and in a good location. We then continued to get ready and then went out to dinner and a few drink. To gain access to the guesthouse at approx 3am we had to ring the door bell to be let in. We were met by the very angry owner that told us to get to bed. We then very consciously tip toed into our room which was the first room on the ground floor and began to get ready for bed as we were very tired. While in the bathroom one of us realised that the toliet seat was loose and made some noise when in use. Everyone was in bed bar me and my friend, we were getting changed for bed in the small ensuite. While we were in the bathroom the other guests heard two knocks on the door and then the owner barged in. While the owner was in the room he was shouting profusely saying that we were causing havoc and roaring/shouting at us while he himself was making more noise than anyone else. My sister explained to him that the only noise from our room was the toliet seat being loose and moving and knocking off the bowl when it was used. He then stormed to the bathroom door and my sister explained that there were two women changing but he still let himself into the bathroom where i was standing in my underwear. I was absolutely mortified and couldnt believe what had just happened and he then continued to shout telling us to shut up, go to sleep , turn off all the lights and before storming out he turned off all the lights on us even though we were still in the bathroom. As you can imagine we had trouble sleeping that night. We were scared that he would return as he said he would kick us out in 10 minutes. Believe me, we wanted to leave that night. We believe this is an absolute exaggeration on his part and there was no need for it as we were whispering for the 10 minutes before he stormed in. We felt violated by this aggressive man and the way we were being treated. The next morning we confronted him as to why he let himself into our room and stormed into a bathroom with women changing. He had no remorse and refused to apologise and all we wanted was a sincere apology. He started accusing us of things that were untrue and denied being as loud as he was. We felt like he only did this because we are a group of young adults (20 - 27) and he thought he would get away with it.

A week later we are still taken aback and shocked by his behaviour. I would warn other guests thinking of staying there not to book this guesthouse if you are planning to have a few drinks and stay out late. At the end of the day, his behaviour was disgusting and apalling. We don't think he should treat his guests that way and we should have asked for our €150 that we paid back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank Storyteller724713
connie m, Owner at Rolling Wave Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you the long, cover your tracks, revenge 'review' , that you have informatively placed on several online platforms which you think is your right I suppose but there are so many lies , i had to respond .
Here goes.
I did not say 6 people stay in the room, and specially said do not bring in 6 at 3 in the morning, , which is what you did rattling and shouting ( certainly not tiptoeing) in through the front door . Every guest has a front door key and does not need to ring doorbells waking the house , and several young families we have staying
The room is for 5 persons only. Knowing you had extra person I should have put you out there and then but let you stay, only to be wakened 10 minutes later to loud banging from the room . I knocked and when there was no answer as all inside went suspiciously quiet , I opened door.
And entered room to find one of the girls with head down the toilet getting sick , the lid broken off the toilet.
I was angry and shouted what they were doing. She said , I'll pay for the damage. I should have put them out then but seeing as it was so late, 4am , at that stage I told them any more noise and I'll put them out if there is any more noise. .

You all violated the noise level in the house at 330 am. There was no apologies for that. But sure it's all about you , and your feelings.
I did apologise for shouting the next morning , as I do have an aversion to being woken up TWICE late in the night , But you have selective hearing and only hear what you want. I think your behavior was the root of all this. I found you all quite nice people when you came in but not at 330 .
Nothing is gained from your review or my response

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Lovely B&B in a big Victorian terrace facing the Peak, one of Donegal's best waves. Beautiful dining room to have breakfast in the morning. Breakfast is a hearty home cooked good old Irish one made by the owner Connie himself. Good quality sausages, lovely bacon and all the trimmings. Really set us up for the day. We especially liked the individual cafetière coffee, much nicer than instant and really thoughtful. Our bedroom was clean and comfortable, we slept well and undisturbed. Will definitely be back!

Stayed: May 2017