See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 July 2015 via mobile

We arrived at maddens at around 3pm the 13th July, we could not get booked in due to room still not cleaned!!! When we finally got our room we were disgusted the room was dirty and smelt horrible, bathroom stank of sewers. Tried to use shower flooded bathroom and kept turning off, old man came with plunger, started plunging the hole and the shower filled with black, made out it was my fault it over flooded yet the shower also had a leak to which he denied and became nasty. Demanded a refund, to which he wasn't going to give me, until I argued my case,had to leave at
9.30pm with my three year old son and travel over 2 hours to get home! Never AGAIN. Place is a shambles, with smelly dirty rooms, ignorant staff and a run down establishment. Nothing like advertised in pictures do not stay here for your own sanity!!!! Pictures below

Stayed: July 2015
8  Thank lcus1990
Reviewed 15 July 2015 via mobile

Booked in 2 nights,13th and 14th july with my partner and 3 year old child,we were charged €120,as soon as we seen the room we were close to turning around and walking out but we decided to leave our things and head to the beach and amusements,later that evening we came back in,the stench coming from the bathroom was still their,if we took the window out it still wouldn't have been opened wide enough. My girlfriend decided to try and take a shower,only for it to stop 2 mins into it and the shower tray starting to fill up,i went down to get the manager and some fella came and up with a plunger and started to do his work on the shower tray and up came black gungey stuff,we had enough,the child was even saying about the smell and was afraid of the room,ill post a few pics up soon,its hard to believe people actually get away with this sort of service,would give bundoran a bad name,the manager also said we would not get all the money back although he couldn't argue,got the refund and drove over 2 hours home at half 9 pm without even attempting to pull the bed covers back,their was even a dirty finger nail cutting on the plug socket beside the bed,i wouldn't put a homeless man in this sort of accommodation and they actually think its ok to charge people,bunch of chancers. Room 31,also by the other reviews it was not a one off!

6  Thank Antod87
Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

Hi, We were due to stay for 2 nights 11th-13th July 15 but left late on 12th July 15 as we couldn't face another night in what only can be described as the hell room.To begin when we arrived the manager was very slow and rude and wanted to charge nearly an extra £20 if we paid by cash rather than card and would not give an explanation as to why card exchange rate differed.We were still charged an extra £10 than exchange rate paying by card as he said they had their own rate,more like a con!then when we went to the 'deluxe room, room 26' which we paid extra for,the room stank and the beds were rock hard with slots falling off under the double bed.Their was also a sewer smell coming from bathroom.that evening when we went back to the room and the halls stank of fish and sewers together we had to run into the room and open windows and spray the room with body spray.that night then got worse as we were sleeping I was woken at 12.30am to a mouse scrapping the wood in the room,my partner had to get up and move furniture about to try and frighten it off.least to say we did not sleep at all that night waiting on what I hope was only a mouse to appear and to think their is a restaurant below would make you sick!To add further insult to the matter when we went to use the kettle in the room it was dark brown inside with dark brown water inside, replusive!It was a very expensive mistake nearly £125 for one nights at that disgusting place and the staff or manager haven't even had the courtesy to contact us to ask why we left at nearly 10pm on the 12th night with a four year old in tow as we couldn't face another night in that horrible,dirty place!Avoid!!!

5  Thank SeanaCarmichael82
Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

Stayed for a few nights the man who I assume is the manager was very rude, there was sounds of a mouse/mice scratching behind the walls / under floor boards, (So we didnt eat there) there was a smell of a sewer in a room a friend was staying in, and when getting a shower black gunk started to appear from the drain, there was gloopy brown stuff in the kettle and the halls constantly smelt like fish. Will definitely never be back amd wouldn't recommend it!!!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Conalb123
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

Came across this place on trip advisor and as it was only 2 min from where we were staying we thought we would try it for dinner. The bar is nice with a lot of character, all be it a little cramped and the staff where very polite and quick to take our order and offer us drinks. The food was absolutely lovely but I think less fancy presentation and more of the lovely food would be better as I still felt a little hungry after, despite this the long wait for the food it was well worth the visit and was reasonably priced. Nice pint of Guinness too.